BBX is dead. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BBX is dead.

As many of you know, my car went in the shop a couple weeks ago to have front end work, some steering stuff done and 4.10 gears in front and rear. After two weeks of madness between 14 bearings having to be ordered, new hubs and all kinds of other crap, I get a call saying that my car is complete. I couldn't wait to get it back so I could wash it and see how much of a difference the gears made... WELL....

15 minutes later, I get another call telling me to come to the shop as soon as possible to pick up a rental car cause they ran into some problems and it's going to need a little body work??? But they assured me that they would fix it. I get in the car, stop and grab a camera then get dropped off there. The guy takes me to the back to see the car and there she is...

(checkout my gallery)

They want to repair the body and send me one my way. I don't think so. This thing fell right on it's frame from 4 feet in the air. Do you think I should settle for that??? Not on my watch. Any attorney's on here? I have an appointment with one tomorrow morning. So, be sure to stay tuned for the next BBX... what a ****ty day.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ouch!!! i dont know what to tell ya. i dont think id settle for that. that sucks i wish you the best on thhis one.

It fell off the lift I assume? I would fire back with a vengence.

you have to click where it says the file size... like 32kb or whatever. I don't know why it doesnt work when you click on the pic.

Yeah, it sucks but I'm not letting this one go... I'm gonna sue their ***** off.

Get this, I told them that I needed something that could tow a 23ft boat, 4wd and 4 door. They call me up, tell me to go to this rental place and pick up the car they set up for me. I get there and it's a ford f150, 2wd, extended cab and it smells like ****. So I take it, drive it back to the Ford place, throw the keys on the counter and am like, "Is this some type of joke?" After arguing for 40 minutes, I'm in a decked out 6.0L Surburban. The nerve... I know accidents happen but I also know that when something like this happens, you suck it up, eat the cost and pay the price. Two weeks ago in one of our Firestones, an explorer fell off the lift and got $6000 in damage to it. By the time the lady came to get her car, Firestone, Co. had a check made to her for the price of a 2003 Explorer. End of story.... and I'll settle for nothing less.

Boy did they pick with the wrong family to do this to...

You are 100% right............time for an attorney!!

That sucks big time dude!! Hope it works out somehow!!

So What did they do?!? Did they drive it and the wheel fall off or what? If you click on the file size hyper link it will show you the pics.

It fell off the alignment rack somehow.

Man thats an impressive story... Ya know, being 20, Im not sure how I would react to that... I mean, "thats my car!" haha... so they just wanted to do a little fender bending and fix it and send you on your merry way? thats insane...
--Bryan

Got my eye on an 03 Z71 Tahoe sitting on their lot. Plus I want my Rims, my supercharger, my nitrous setup, a coke and a smile.

Yeah...........they need to do alot more then just body work....

That absolutely sucks! I'd be on the war path too. Fell off the alignment rack? You mean someone drove it off the alignment rack. An alignment rack just looks like two oversized ramps. There's no reason to "fall off". An Attorney sounds perfect. Did it break the left front wheel too?

Man that is horrible. I'd have lost it, and prob ended up getting arrested. Don't bugde at all. The only thing they can do is accept that the messed up, and now they have to pay the consequences. I'd get ahold of the main office.

Was this at a dealership or independant shop?

Sure looks like a Ford Dealership. I'd hate to think there was that many Fords awaiting service at an indepentant shop. :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by LowdPypes
Got my eye on an 03 Z71 Tahoe sitting on their lot. Plus I want my Rims, my supercharger, my nitrous setup, a coke and a smile.
Good Luck getting that much out of them. But you should not have to keep that vehicle.

Back