BD's 2000 Explorer Limited | Page 45 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BD's 2000 Explorer Limited

2000 Explorer Limited

-Picked her up (10/13/2010)
-140,093 miles when I test drove it
-5.0 V8, AWD
-Pearl White
-Dark grey leather interior

My dream explorer basically, no more old ones, no more sports, I finally have an Explorer that I love everything about!

I absolutely love the limited, its got:
-Seats w/ headrests
-Memory power seats
-Heated/Puddle mirrors
-Better mirror without all the buttons, just the slider
-Painted to match bumpers and grille
-Woodgrain radio bezel
-Digital HVAC controls
-And its got the homelink visor with a nifty little voice recorder that I will probably never use LOL

And alot more, but im just in awe over its nice features compared to my previous rides. They even recently (In the past few months) had a brand new hitch installed and the trailer harness all wired up.

I dont have any set plans for this one yet, I do have hopes and dreams though, and im stoked about the V8 that has so many options.

Dream list:
-Torque Monster headers
-Custom Tune
-LED tails (Something custom maybe, I just need to study up on resistors and whatnot)
-BMW projectors in a blacked out housing

It does have a few problems that id like some help with, (Fixed all, besides this one)
1. The blower only works when its on all the way high, (Same thing in my grandam, but it was the blower motor resistor then everything worked great) is that a common problem on the digital HVACs?

"For sure" plans include:
-New rims, id like to get a nice 5-spoke set of 20's with a beefy tire
-Paint job in the spring, black
-Some interior accents (Id like todo another metallic blue color like I did in my grandam)

He was asking 3400$ in the ad, but I talked him and his wife down to 2900$ because I was pointing all the little problems out that I mentioned above.

I didnt get a chance to really take any pictures, as it was raining, and almost dark by the time I got home.

10-13-201011-32-20PM.png

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

I was bored on the way home so I took some random "driving" pictures :D

IMG_1252.jpg

My friend was driving my Grand Am in front of me, I have a Avic-F700BT in there that will also be going into the Explorer, he was using the GPS to get us back home

I was extremely happy also, I was averaging 16.2 MPG driving with a decently heavy foot getting the feel for the V8 I was controlling :D

IMG_1251.jpg

Edit- 1/21/11
New parts!

Hubs
Tie rod ends
Lower ball joints
Upper ball joints (Control arms)
Tires: Firestone Destination A/T's 255/70/R16's
Brake Pads

Soon:
Slotted (And drilled maybe) Rotors
Better pads
New shocks
Leafs
Shackles
Amsoil (In everything!)
Rebuilding tranny (And possibly a valve body kit)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So Brian, tomorrow night if it's not pouring rain, you going to come to OCB? :p

The last few weeks have been really crappy, and tomorrow doesn't look that good for a sunny day either, hopefully next week though.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Very snazzy mate, are they a matching set for the front light's or a different manufacturer?

lookin good brian

So Brian, tomorrow night if it's not pouring rain, you going to come to OCB? :p

The last few weeks have been really crappy, and tomorrow doesn't look that good for a sunny day either, hopefully next week though.

I really want to, but im not gonna come to a car "show" with my X in its current condition lol, I gotta finish my bumper, and get my interior done! I graduated yesterday so now ill have alot of time to work on it thank god!:D

Very snazzy mate, are they a matching set for the front light's or a different manufacturer?
Nah, diff company, but now that you say it, they do kind of match in a way. I cant wait to get em!

lookin good brian
Thanks!

I really want to, but im not gonna come to a car "show" with my X in its current condition lol, I gotta finish my bumper, and get my interior done! I graduated yesterday so now ill have alot of time to work on it thank god!:D

Clearly you haven't seen my truck and have never been to one of these meets. :p

Lol no, and no I havent :D

Well I was getting sick of my subs firing up, they just sound way better port back, so I decided to build a little "stand" so to speak. I left the inside open so I can fit my amp in there, and of course, ill throw some LEDs in there :D

2011-05-27154127.jpg

2011-05-27154135.jpg

Its obviously gonna go on the bottom of the box, but it sits the box high enough for the sides to clear the stupid wheel wells. Im gonna do something to it, probably throw some bondo on the front facing pieces and paint them glossy black or something, and carpet the rest of it.

Congrat's on the graduation mate and looking forward to seeing how your sub woofer enclosure turn's out LED's are going to look way cool.

ooooh I'm excited for this, hurry up and get it done now. lol. :p

Hopefully my fingers a little better by tomorrow, I just sliced it open moving mulch at work, we got about 20 pallets of mulch that have to be moved by hand, bag by bag:mad:

Whatever though, I prefer manual labor to just sitting here :)

I got the front side of the "shelf" bondo'ed today, so tomorrow before work I want to hopefully sand it and primer it up. Maybe even first coat of paint.

Im wondering where would I buy carpet though to match the carpet on the box? I remember seeing it a year ago or so, but cannot remember for the life of me where.

Nahhhh, I need to buy it at a store; if I werent in a hurry to finish this then I would go for that, but I only need about 6 square feet of it anyways, im only gonna carpet the sides and the back.

Thanks for the link though:thumbsup:

Go to the back door of any stereo shop and give $5 to the guy smoking out back...:smoke:

Go to the back door of any stereo shop and give $5 to the guy smoking out back...

LOL your great, I honestly didnt even think of that. DT always sells me stuff out of the garage for dirt cheap. (Wire, terminals, all that crap)

Naturally theyre not open tomorrow, and probably not monday if I had to guess:mad:

Ill call Tas, its way the hell in Ohio, but whatever its one long 20 mile shot.

:smoke: what you need?

:)

For people to cross their fingers for me that I get this job. I'm making a resume tonight, and if I get hired in, ill be starting out at 25$ a hour, w/ full benefits.

:D <---that's the best way to describe how happy I am, and even that's a huge understatement.

Parking lights:
2011-05-31152047.jpg

Brake lights:
2011-05-31152220.jpg

2011-05-31152227.jpg

2011-05-31152245.jpg

2011-05-31144714.jpg

Damn, they don't half put out some light!:thumbsup: Any word on the job?

Not yet man

IM DONEEE! WOOOHOOO! Got my diploma today, man it feels good!

Back