Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
This saturday 8-18 some of the Explorers and a Ranger got together to run a trail called Beaver Town just outside of Albuquerque. This place had it all from dry washes to rock crawling to hill climbs. I had to park my stock explorer at the entrance because I did not want to risk going down just the entrance. It was a blast. The Ranger broke an axle yolke and hub, a winch on the Explorer stopped working in the middle of a pull, some near roll overs, some minor cuts in the tire tread from stuffing it. Pics are up Dead Link Removed temporarily. I will also have a video of the extreme tire lifting action up soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Brian,
Who made that tire carrier/bumper for the Black Explorer?
Also is that trail in the Manzano's?
Good pictures.:)

The video of Godspeed lifting his tires is here: http://home.att.net/~explorer4x4/Godspeed_wheels_up.avi

Ray, that is RobbieJ's explorer and he made the front and rear bumpers/tire carrier himself. They look great and they are really stout. The area is in the foothills just south of the interstate going through the canyon. I guess it is considered part of the Manzanos.

I'm a big fan of any place called "beaver town" LOL sorry just got back from Las Vegas, still in a funny mood :).

The pictures kick butt

Brian the pictures are awesome. Thanks to the one with my tire shoved up my @#%$#!$ i' am definetly going to do the spring over this week so its ready for labor day weekend.

Hey guys I hate to be the one to end the fun but I just wanted you all to know that beaver town is now patrolled by the county sheriffs. I was dowen there the other week and with a buddy and he was fined $1500 for tresspassing and his truck was towed away. It is fun down there and there is a ton to do but be carefull when you go down there. It's sucks too cause we used to play paintball down there till we got fined. The pics look great by the way!!!!

Scott, there was no one there patrolling the area, on top of that, there are no no tresspassing or keep out signs anywhere that are posted. There were also paint ball wars going on also.

Jason, if you need help with the SOA let me know, i may be able to help. It just depends.

Matt, I knew someone was going to say that, LOL!

Originally posted by mattadams
I'm a big fan of any place called "beaver town"...
That's exactly what I was thinking...:)

It was just a warning. BCSO doesn't patrol all the time but they do go down there. I have seen them in expeditions and on Kawasaki KLR's. They like to hide in the bush. They mostly go out at night though, kids like to go down there and party, fires and that sort of thing. The place is owned partly by the city and the feed store down just up the road. If you go in there and talk to the owner, he is cool and will say he let you if the cops come. I still go down there all the but I just wanted you all to know, just in case. Hey did you there is an entrance to the place that is a dirt road. You can get stock X's in with no prob. I go down there all the time. And if you take the main dry wash (it's big enough to fit two cars side by side though) you can follow it all the way back to the fence for the airforce base. It's kinda cool cause by the time you get back there some times there will be MP's waiting for you in a hummer just to make sure you arn't going to "spy on the base" lol and they say there isn't anything hidden back in the hills. That place prolly still has an assortment of nukes and small arms lol. Let me know the next time you guys go out 4x4. Hopefully by then I will have the hubs in lol. Like I haven't said that more than enough times. Until next time.

Back