• Register Today It's free!

Bedliner on the Explorer

Pissant22

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
I am looking to bedline the lower trim of my 94 XLT, I removed all the side moldings and fender skirts etc and I plan on filling in those holes with either bondo or the black plastic clip, but it still feels empty. So, I was considering bedliner the bottom few inches and am looking for a reccomendation of what bed liner to use? I saw some posts about spray on bed liner and thought that looked like the easiest way to make it look good but I wasn't sure of the quality of it.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybod with experience on bedlining? Feel free to jump at this !!!

You mean using something like herculiner on the rocker panels & other stuff.. Alot of members have done that.. I hope on doing it soon.. They make a roll on and sprayable type of bed liner..

I used Bondo bedliner kit, it worked great and has held up for a year with no chipped out spots....its pretty tough .it went on easy,just prep the paint by scuffing it lightly with a scotch-brite pad or something similiar.

Alright then, what brand was the bondo type? Also, what is known about the spray can?

from my experience the spray can stuff isnt near as durable as the roll-on. IMHO Herculiner is the best out there as a roll-on.

yea ive used the spray on for some little stuff (safari bar, sub cover, roof rack, ect) and its really not all that durable. it looks good but it can get scraped easily.

i had my rocker panels, bushwackers, and both front and rear bumpers done at rhino lining. cost me around 450 to have it all done.

Back