JerseyBear

Reaction score
City, State
Southampton, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT "Dora"
Callsign
not on HAM but on local CB Jersey or Jersey Bear works
Greetings all, been using the forum for almost 2yrs now and have learned many helpful tips, ones that aren't even in the Haynes Manual which I now know most parts store DON'T carry in store and need ordered, and decided to finally register.

Our XLT dubbed "Dora" , cliche indeed and probably waay over used, but wife took my name and now love of Ford's....her family were big Dodge fans, FIL loves his Ram Chargers and wife her Shadow but ever since he rode in my 88 Grand Marquis he fell in love with it and treats it like his baby. Back in her 1st marriage her EX parked a 94 F150 behind his RC and he threatened to shoot that thing if it wasn't moved immediately....yet he loves that little burgundy land yacht and has helped work on our 97 XLT. Amazing since they've been such die hard Dodge fans BUT I personally can appreciate anything below 02 since that seems to be when most manufacturers started having some major issues, some more than others, but nonetheless the older they are the easier they are. Wife nearly died when I said an older late 70s to early 80s model Chevy p/u was nice and well kept, but they don't make them like they used to.

Currently no major plans, usual maintenance and replacements, bought her used for 1500.00 cash with 265k on the trans and maybe 61k on a rebuilt 5.0. has over 330k now and some visible wear which needs tended to but it's a slow process with 12hr days and looking to move within a month if everything pans out. Latest mods are new HL lens assemblies with 50w LED 9007s which look amazing. Color temp is 5k, more of a solar color than blue which my wife having epilepsy has a problem with 6k or higher, but no problem with the 5k. Need to replace the fogs since a factory housing snapped on a mountain road and OEM lenses were a comparable price to the amber 3k 200w pair I bought with a wiring harness. Already found threads on how to pull off using the ford switch and turn them on with the park lights. Y'all are an immense help and look forward to meeting, chatting and talking repairs when possible, hope y'all are doing well on this beautiful Sunday.😁

Welcome to the forum from southern NJ.

Thanks Mike, appreciate it, currently in coal country WV and hauling the "real black power" like an old pro, ironic since I'm a former flat lander from the pine barrens turned 63t rolling mountain hauler......8% grades, 800 degree F exhaust temps, 18spd, 60ft long +/- with nay a smoking brake 😁

Back