Before/After new wheels and tires... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before/After new wheels and tires...

Swapped the wheels/tires on my Explorer and Ranger today. Wanted to keep the brand new 265/75/16 BFG's when I sell the Ranger because 2 of my ProComp MT's are cupped and I wanna run an AT instead of an MT now. Was worried the BFGs would rub on the Explorer, since they are about 32" in diameter, but about the same width as the 31x10.50's- but everything clears fine. Makes the truck look taller since the tires are tucked in a bit more, but unfortunately it's a bit more topheavy on the road, not unsafe though. The Ranger looks good too, hopefully the shiny Eagles will catch some kids eye so he'll buy it. :)

Oh yeah and I havent put the front center caps on the Explorer yet b/c the Warn manual hubs keep them from fitting on there, so I gotta cut a hole in the cap first.

*EDIT*- for some reason, the 2nd pic won't work, even though its the right URL... Just picture the Ranger with the BFG's and stock rims. :)

Before:
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

After:
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You just bought that Ranger, why are you selling it so soon?

I can't afford to keep it, I owe my parents too much money on it and I'd be in debt for quite a while if I kept the Ranger instead. The Explorer is paid for so I'm gonna keep it for a year or two longer at least, maybe through college depending on what I want to buy later on.

Derk,
Could you take a picture of the Explorer at the same angle as the top picture. I'm trying to decide whether or not to get new wheels. I like the look of a wider stance, but if I get a wider stance with just 31's I might not get new wheels.

wow, that actually looks really good. Are you going to be able to rig up your center caps to fit around your warn hubs? Like it!!

Happy trailes!!

Friday I'm gonna get wash and wax both of the trucks, so I'll take some new pics then. I'll make sure to get some front shots for ya Byrd91.

I'm gonna try to cut a hole in the center caps for the hubs, if I screw em up I'll probably just leave it like it is. Not sure how easy it'll be to cut a hole in the center caps though.

Derk,
Maybe try to find a holesaw the right size and do it slowly on a drill press, that would probably be the easiest way.

There ya go, that would probably be about the only way to get it strait anyways, good idea!

Happy trailes!!

Originally posted by bigDerk
I'm gonna try to cut a hole in the center caps for the hubs, if I screw em up I'll probably just leave it like it is. Not sure how easy it'll be to cut a hole in the center caps though.
dont do that, just pop them off every time you go wheelin. it looks a lot better with the center the way it is. they arent that hard to pop off. just my $.02

Well I would if the caps would even fit over the hubs, they stick out about 1/2" too far so the caps wont fit over them. :mad:

Back