Before/After of my 94 XLT, now with 31x10.5's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before/After of my 94 XLT, now with 31x10.5's

Stock:
Dead Link Removed

After 31x10.5 ProComp MT's on 15x8 Eagles:
Dead Link Removed

I love the new stance, but the tires rub pretty bad up front, so I'm desperately trying to get all the parts to lift it (going with a spacer/shackle lift). Once I get that done I'll make sure to post plenty of new pics, I'll have clear corners and my sub box done by then too!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Grrrr...

Aggghhhh... Geocities SUCKS! Here's the link to those pics, I know the URL's are right, so if they don't work it's not my fault!

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

derk email me the pics i cant see them it wont load aaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh...must see pics.must see oics.must see pics.... :smoke:

yahoo geocities say page is unavailable. geocities sucks!!!!!!!!!

try this page for your pics

Dead Link Removed

Originally posted by arsoul
try this page for your pics

Dead Link Removed

Hmm, the page works, but the direct image links don't... did Geocities change some options with the accessibility/outside linking? Grrr... I'm getting the pics up to another server so I can show off my baby :)

I was thinking about getting new tires ... i think i'll go with 30's tho instead of 31's

Originally posted by Lamah
I was thinking about getting new tires ... i think i'll go with 30's tho instead of 31's

If you want to get 31's, all that is needed is a 1.5" lift... now I currently have the F150 spacer/Warrior shackle lift, and they clear fine. Looks great too, and it was cheap! About $30 for the spacers, $45 shipped for the shackles, $70 for the alignment (needed camber bushings), and shocks aren't necessary... so I did the whole lift for $145. That is, if you don't count the new radius arm I had to buy and have installed since the shock mount sheared right in half when I tried to loosen it... Grrrr...

Derk,
I replied to your other thread (the pics worked) but for some reason I can't find it. And I replied about 45 mintes ago!

Anyhow - I like the look of the 589's. How much do your tires stick out from the fenders? I am debating 8 or 10" rims. I want a real wide stance - to compensate for higher lift and smaller tires (hey - I've got great tread on my 31's and am too cheap to get 33 or 35's when the lift goes on in a few weeks)

Jon

Lamah, if you are worried about the rubbing of the 31's than i'd have to disagree, i have a 91 that has completely stock suspension and the tires fit fine, the only way they rub is if you crank the wheel completely to one side or the other. this is on stock rims. Go to "91 explorer sport trac" under before and after to see for yourself.

Originally posted by FMExplorer
Derk,
I replied to your other thread (the pics worked) but for some reason I can't find it. And I replied about 45 mintes ago!

Anyhow - I like the look of the 589's. How much do your tires stick out from the fenders? I am debating 8 or 10" rims. I want a real wide stance - to compensate for higher lift and smaller tires (hey - I've got great tread on my 31's and am too cheap to get 33 or 35's when the lift goes on in a few weeks)

Jon

Jon, here's a good pic that shows how much the tires stick out:
Dsc00088.jpg

Got a question for you... were you in Stockbridge, GA a month or two ago? I saw my first lifted Explorer in person then, at Lowe's off Hwy 138 in Stockbridge... it was the same color as yours, had what I believe was a 3" body lift, and I'm thinking it had a tire carrier on the back... On my way out to my truck, the owner and two small children walked out to the Explorer (I noticed on your site you have two young kids)... maybe just a coincidence, but was that you?

Originally posted by Silverado4x4
Lamah, if you are worried about the rubbing of the 31's than i'd have to disagree, i have a 91 that has completely stock suspension and the tires fit fine, the only way they rub is if you crank the wheel completely to one side or the other. this is on stock rims. Go to "91 explorer sport trac" under before and after to see for yourself.

You're right Silverado4x4... I forgot to mention that you'd be ok with 31's on a stock rim. The negative offset on my 8" 589's causes the turning radius of the wheel to be larger, since they stick out more, and therefore they move forward/back in the wheelwell more than the tire would on the stock rim, if that makes any sense...

Derek,
That wasn't me - but it's funny to see another explorer with 2 kids, same color and same general area of the country (within 500 miles anyway!<G>)

Jon

Thanks for the updated pics - looks awesome!

Derek,
That wasn't me - but it's funny to see another explorer with 2 kids, same color and same general area of the country (within 500 miles anyway!<G>)

Jon

Thanks for the updated pics - looks awesome!

Thanks man...

That's a heckuva coincidence... it looked EXACTLY like yours, I even remember there being a K&N sticker on there! I thought it might have been you because the rear bumper wasn't lifted but the front was, and he was running the stock rims with 31's... maybe I'll see him around sometime and get a chance to talk to him.

Ah HAH!
We have the difference! My rear bumper has been fitted to the lift for about 3 months now (I know 0 old pics...) Actually - here is a pic with the corrected bumper...
Dead Link Removed

very close though...

Jon

Ah HAH!
We have the difference! My rear bumper has been fitted to the lift for about 3 months now (I know 0 old pics...) Actually - here is a pic with the corrected bumper...
Dead Link Removed

very close though...

Jon

Lookin good man, like the nerf bars!

Back