Before and After pix | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before and After pix

hott2death69

Reaction score
heyo, view before and partially after pix of my explorer at

This is a after picture Looks pretty nice.
Ray
Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

[Edited by Ray Lobato on 10-11-2000 at 11:31 PM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice truck. It is good to see another street explorer on the site. Welcome! What engine mods do you have (if any). Once again nice truck.

Cool truck, but don't be afraid to put dirt on it. :D :D :D

Originally posted by n2knee
Cool truck, but don't be afraid to put dirt on it. :D :D :D

oh trust me, it's a clean queen but i live in WV, so you can imagine the winter and the fun i have, it doesn't get trailered that's for sure....lol. it's seen it's days of WV gas lines too....hehe....oh, only w/ the factory rims of course...lol

Looks great, love the rims.

Not sure if I like the white window deflectors and mirror. Looks cool still.

I'm surprised that 18s don't look bigger on the explorers.

I've been looking for a new wheel/tire combo......maybe i'll go with 20s. Nitto makes a 32" tire for 20" wheels.

I saw it on an excursion, and it looked really tough.

btw, your truck looks good, but I think you should lose the white window deflectors.

also, did you lower your explorer?

cya,

Andrew

the combo that i'm thinkin' about would be a 20" x 9" with the nitto NT-404 305/50/20 all the way around.

I'd probably need a zero offset wheel.

just thinkin out loud,

Andrew

heyo,
i'm glad you guys are talking.....
the 18's look way too small and i'm completely disappointed w/ that. i'm looking at some 20" kmc bofa's for the summer....but i also might be getting a 90 model s-10 w/ airbags for a project so i'm not sure of my $$ situation for now. i'm surprised you guys don't like the window deflectors....i know you would've hated the white vinyl tint strip i had across the winshield that was 9" long...lol.....20's fit nice on explorer's....that's for sure.
as for lowering it....just an inch, we had a problem w/ the bar on the pass. side and it wouldn't crank all the way down...
performance mods....nothing to the engine....just got some loud exhaust....lol. kkm intake probably be ordered soon.....thanx guys....

I think your Explorer looks really nice and would look good with the white drop tint on the windshield. How much was it to have your mirrors painted? and How much did you spend on the rims? and if you are going to sell them how much would you want for them? :-D

Personally, I'd love to have a matching explorer dropped next to my lifted one...So ya do score points with me on the lowering...Definatly slick....I love the white window vents and mirrors...Although I'm not a fan of the wheels...But then again, that isn't my style, I'd be another guy with the 5 spoke cobra R rims....I love them! but like I said earlier...Looks good
Pete

Ya, I like the cobras too, but AR makes a really nice 5 spoke for RWD.They are cheaper too.

Quad, I saw a Nav w/nittos and 20's. It was black and looked really tough, They guy wasn't much for talking so that's all I got out of him. Didn't get who the rims were made by.

Quad: You'd probably have to raise your explorer if you go with a tire that is over 31 inches tall (overall dia.) I dunno if that would look "cool" if you had huge street tires on a raised Explorer. Most of the members on here that have BFG's All-Terrains KOs that are more than 31 inches had to raise there ride I far as going to 305 width its just to huge on a explorer. I am looking into the Toyo Proxes S/T which theres a few tires are right at 30 inches, plus not a wide.

Hott2death my friend, got those clear tails yet?...I think you want to lose the black outs if you are keeping the tails stock. Oh yeah...seen the new Truckin' Mag (dec.00)..I believe, There is a 2-door sport with the Mondera Bullet wheel thats looks nice. Airbaged suspension too!

xplor,

yeah, I just saw an explrer with 275/55/17s and cobra R wheels today. The 275 is pretty big on the explorer.

I also looked at the price of 20" tires. OUCH. the only tire that is reasonable is some crappy goodyear eagle gtII. It is undr $200, but all of the others were in the $350 - $400 range for 20" sport-truck tires.

I'll probably go 18". The wheels that I'm looking at are:

MIM Rimini
Enkei RT6
Enkei SST1
Alessio Montana
AXIS Solar
Cobra R (17")

I'll probably put a 285/50/18 on for tires.

Xplor.....

heyo,
xplor my man, long time no talk....no, the clears still ain't in yet....as you can see by the pix, got the fronts in, still waitin on the red/clear tails...lol. godfather's is slow!!! lol. oh well.....anywayz, i need to really check out that dec. truckin issue, cause that might be my boi that i was talking about at http://www.explorerunderground.com
he's actually got 4 billet pieces up front, the grille, bumper, and then like a phantom piece that goes across the fog lights on the air dam, and a piece recessed in the small opening in between the grille and the bumper....it's nice. it was black, w/ bullet's, bagged, but it was 4wd and the 4wd was still functional.....trendsetter customs in ohio did it.....this sound right??
i'll check it out just to be sure....but...ya kno? lol...thanx for the info tho.
concerning the 20's, let me just jump in and say i might be going 20's or 22's come spring, depending on how my bagged s-10 project goes...lol. hey, i'm 19 and young, what else am i gonna put my $$ n2?? huh?? anywayz, KMC Stealths or Bofas....or Giovanna Barettas....just some thoughts out loud tho.......lol

Quad...notice you got a very nice cobra! Have you thought about put those on the eddie bauer? Or order the Cobra Rs in 18s. I am assuming your going for the painted or machine finish on wheels? As far as price on 20 tires, got any $$$ for the wheel?!? I was looking at Lowenhard LD1...Heyo Hott2death..mega $$$$!...LOL around 1,000.00 each wheel. So I'll just get them when I win the lotto. Quad I like the Alessio and the MIM . I was looking into the MOMO Vantage, Sportrux Rider, KMCVenom..decisions! decision!

Hott2death,..I was at the TruxPo Truck Tour in Daytona Beach last weekend..Saw a Expedition with the Giovanna Barettas...TIGHT! Get 22 inch next time. I can't imagine that with bags. Where did you buy your grille? Thats a Trenz grill right?

Alan, Really nice looking ride. The whole truck has a "finished" look to it. Nice....
Where did you get the wiper cowel and did you just paint the stock mirrors or what.
Thanks for the pix, info and inspiration...

Nice ride hott. We must have been brothers in another life. Check out mine:

exp3d.jpg

I got the Mondera 18s on it with 255/55/18
and I agree they still look small to me. But how would the ride suffer with 20s on an Explorer?

[Edited by sideswipe on 12-05-2000 at 09:26 AM]

Back