Bench Seat To Captian/Bucket Seats 05 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bench Seat To Captian/Bucket Seats 05 Explorer

c_kirkland

Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood,Sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport Track 2002
I know this is a little off topic but I wanted to see if there is a way to convert my bench seat of my 2005 Explorer to captain/bucket seats. The bench seat really sucks for the people who sit back there and four bucket seats would look really cool. Is there any way to just buy two bucket seats off of an expedition and modify or stick right in. I guess what I am trying to say is are there any after market seats that just pop right in. I need to know what my options are because I have not the first clue where to look or start. Thanks for the help.

There's a thread in here somewhere that shows the bucket seat option. Best thing to do would be start looking for a trashed limited or eb with the buckets, and get them. And the center console if that's something that interests you.

Not sure how the bigger vehicles seats would mate up with the holes. Be careful, those four bolts are basically all that holds your passengers in during a crash.....

-Shawn

My '02 Limited had a bench in the back but it consisted of three pieces: two buckets and a middle piece. I just took the middle section out and instant bucket seats. I did have to change the seat belts a bit since they mounted to the middle piece but it was no big deal just bend the brackets a bit and bolt them down.

Back