bent bumper | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bent bumper

hey guys, i just got into an accident, and i bent my bumper a little. i dont feel like paying to get it fixed, so i want to pull it out straight so that my tires wont rub. i also need to know how hard it is to replace my 1/4 panel on the front driver side. any help would be great, thx.:redexp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Sand Boy....I bought a new aftermarket bumper from a guy on e-bay. and it is pretty good. Although it is lighter and thinner than stock ones, and will probably bend easier if I ever hit anything with it, it los great and fits perfect. Cost around $65, and put it on myself. Just have the right tools, and be prepared for some wrenching because not all the bolts that hold the bumper on in the 91-94 are easily accessible.

It takes about 10 bolts to take off the front fender. Four on top, two on the bottom, one in the door, one under the front valance, and two behind the headlight.

I have two front fenders and a complete factory bumper in great condition if you are interested.

thanks anyway, but i dont think im gonna be able to get together the money to ship something that big to NJ. does anyone know what a front fender would run at a salvage yard? also, how hard is it to install the smittybilt tube bumper, cause i think that ill upgrade while im in the process of doing all this

when my bumper got bent me and my dad just hooked a chain to the bumper and then to the frame of his truck and he just backed up slowly until the bumper got pulled back a bit and away from the wheel

Yeah, and aftermarket fender is cheap, like 35 bucks or something I think.

i'm not sure if this is along the lines of how your bumper is bent, but i just got mine fixed sunday...the reason it was bent was from being hauled out of mudholes, so each side was bent down.

at first i threw a heavy duty jack under each side and applied quite a bit of pressure but they kept bouncing back into place. to get more leverage, i put some blocks in between the jacks and the bumper, applied as much pressure as i could, and took a sledgehammer and carefully pounded on the two bolts on the front of the bumper, banging them back and the bumper is now good as new.

even if this isn't how your bumper's bent, it is still a good idea for people with the same problem.

It takes about 10 bolts to take off the front fender. Four on top, two on the bottom, one in the door, one under the front valance, and two behind the headlight.

I have two front fenders and a complete factory bumper in great condition if you are interested.
I'm interested my name is Bob please give me a call at ---thanks

Back