Berdoo Canyon Road

born2drive

Reaction score
City, State
Pasadena, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4.0 4x4
Happy new Year!!!

Does anybody know the road conditions of Berdoo Canyon Road in Joshua Tree National Park? Just wondering. Going on a day trip tomorrow and couldn't find out the road conditions.

Thanks,
JOhn
P.S. If you don't know the road conditions, but know where to find them online, please tell me

THANKS!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Joshua Tree Action Thread!

Here's a thread containing road conditions at Berdoo Canyon Road... [http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=62616]

Here's some photos from [http://www.rebel4x4.net] showing more Joshua Tree action! Yea!

JoshuaTree%20030.jpg

JoshuaTree%20006.jpg
forbes.jpg

Berdoo Canyon Waterfall!

Bob,

You took the waterfall! I drove up this very same spot, and my trailer hitch pounded the rock behind my pickup, sending shockwaves down my spine! It was crazy. When DB-1 drove up it with his 35's, nothing hit, nothing scraped, no drama...
fcfba3cc.jpg

Bob,

Let's plan another trip soon. I have so much fun in this area, and I never quite made it up to Carlysle Mine - I hear that's a much tougher trail up past Supply Mine. You have this waterfall you have to negotiate yourself down and I hear your typical SUV just won't make it down and back! I'm willing to bet your typical Explorer from this boardis capable enoughto make it down and back!

Here's my Ranger tackling some smaller rocks on the way back from Black Eagle Mine...

JoshuaTree%20016.jpg

Ken,

I took the waterfall and didn't scrape at all. Nothing, nada (we have it on video). I just had some good spotting. I wanted to drive out the Jeep trail, but we lost daylight fast that day and got caught in a major storm while passing the flood basin to the North. Almost got washed away at night, lol.

I would love to go on another trip soo, but with Truckhaven coming up, I am not going to be able to get any time off work before then (I work weekends).

And my name is Sean. Bob is just my aol screen name. It is kind of an inside joke.

--Sean

Sean,

You're just as bad as Puff Daddy, I mean, P. Diddy. After calling you Sean for all of these months, I realized in error that I wasn't calling you Bob, so I changed, and now I'm feeling forgetful. I get plenty of days off, so, I'll let you know what works and maybe we can 'wheel on a Monday... I just have to see your FX4 in action!

LOL, Call me S Bobby. Ha ha.

Anyway, I would love to hit up the Northern part of Old Dale again. Hopefully we can fit something in after T-haven.

--Sean

Monday after T-Haven would be nice...provided nobody rolls their Fords! [I'm gonna roll the eyes here!]:rolleyes:

Sean,

I'm still debating...I just worry about rolling my truck on some obstacle or bending the diff...Just call me paranoid! Hehehe!:p

Back