• Register Today It's free!

best 150x2 amp for under 150

explorer93xlt

Reaction score
City, State
parlin, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
93xlt 4x4
ok i have a 93 xlt with 2 pioneer TSW303F in it the 12's they are in a dual bandpass box , i now need a amp for them whats the best one for under say 150 they are 160 RMS, theses are the ones i have bine looking at,.Lanzar Vibe 'vibe240' 2x150 rms, Pioneer 'gmx522', Kenwood 'kac728s' 2x100rms, Power Acoustick any one they all have the same ratings just looks, Profile Califorina 600sx 2x150rms, So what one should i go for they are all about 120-150 bucks please help one more thing will it be loud?

Hello,
I would definately stay away from the Profile California amp. I put one in my own car once and in two days, toast. I thought I just had a bad one so I took it in with the warranty, but the replacement only lasted two weeks before it was trashed. I then went with an MTX and that amp could take everything I put it through. Those are tough amps. To answer your question though, you won't be disappointed with the Pioneer or Kenwood. I have heard good things from both, more though about the Kenwood. I don't know much about the Lanzar but Kenwood is a safe bet. Have you thought about wiring the subs in parallel and using a 2 ohm stable mono sub amp? (Assuming you are using 4 ohm subs.) Kenwood makes one (KAC-719) but it may be a little two powerful but there are other very reputable brands as well. (MTX is pricey but I think they are worth every penny.) Hope this helps!!

Back