Best bang for the buck 5k-6k D3S bulb | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best bang for the buck 5k-6k D3S bulb

breshi

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ex Limited FWD V6
Anybody able to make a first hand recommendation for the best D3S bulbs, around 5k-6k color range, for the $? The Philips Ultinon seems to get a lot of praise but at $300 a set, ouch. I see a lot of cheap no names on Ebay, which I'm sure, you get what you pay for. There's got to be middle of the road bulbs that provide a comparable level of performance to the Ultinon but don't put a dent in the wallet.

On my 2013 SH0 I replaced the stock 4300k with DDM tuning 6000k. One bulb failed me and I warrantied it with them but I ordered a $30 ebay pair as backups and glad I had a spare went it burned out. I've been dealing with HIDs for years on cars and motorcycles and learned to always keep a spare.

Sorry to post this, but I have a box of two Phillips XenEcoStart XY 0C04 HID bulbs. They are 35W 6000K. Box is labeled D3S/D3C 6000K. Given to me by a friend who sold his Explorer. I can not use them. Free to anyone who can use them. I will ship them cheapest way and pay for shipping. Sorry to butt in on this thread. Cannot ship ouside US. If anyone wants them, message me and first one gets them. Put Silverstar Ultras in our XLT. Better than what I had.

crrobbins

Back