Best bang for the buck

5.0 POWER

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Eddie Bauer
hey everyone,
i was in the market for some new speakers all around. I had jl audio xr up front and some other type in the back(cant remember), but they decided it was time to go. I was looking at all the different types and i saw some pretty crazy speakers on ebay, like 6 way speakers. I was wanting to upgrade all four speakers so that i can really crank out the wattage. I have a pioneer DEH-p880prs headunit if that helps at all. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if your looking to get it really loud your probably going to want to add a 4 channel amp to your setup. it doesnt matter how much wattage your speakers are rated for because the headunit is still only going to pump out 22W rms to each speaker. The better speakers will have a higher SQ tho.

have any suggestions??? has anyone ever tried the almani audio speakers??? I am looking to spend no more than 250 cause i need to get some subs also.

for 250, i would say go with alpine, or back to jl, maybe some middle of the pack boston acoustics.

I recently swapped out my a/d/s 40w x 6channel amp (5&6 were bridged to the sub) for a 111w RMS x 4 Infinity amp plus a mono-channel amp for the sub. The 40w RMS Clarion 6x8 plate speakers didn't last very long. I upgraded to Infinity Kappas rated at 100w RMS and the sound EXCELLENT! I highly recommend them.

I upgraded to Infinity Kappas rated at 100w RMS and the sound EXCELLENT! I highly recommend them.

i have been very pleased with mine, even without a lot of amplification (45rms per)

Back