best bang for the $$ | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

best bang for the $$

alright guys what would be my best bang for the dollar.. i have a true dual exhaust already... pulleys? cold air intake? fuel injectors? maf ? bigger tb?. chip?(was thinkin diablo sport, but i want the badest one out there lol) NO superchargers, N2O, turbo's etc. nautrally assperated!! any free mods i could do to my truck( i no there are when it comes to an LT1, thats y i ask) lookin to kick some import a$$ lol.. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by 99-5.0explorer
kool free mods...yes mine is i belive but i just had ford put a new tq in my truck lol so if i can just leave that alone...well for now...what stall is stock? 1300??
I'm not sure ... soemthing like that or a little higher.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oic

what about heads??? ok lets talk about ablower??

shift kit is good, apten chip better, full blown psychotic rebuild, the best. go with x-303 cam and a forged crankshaft. You can then install a blower when you can afford it,

i have done work on 5.0 and 189 ectect one of the best mods for NA motors is port polish the heads if u cn take them and get them matched
(all work on mustangs ps im dislexic)

a motor is like a big air pump flow is a good thing

Well how fast do you want to go should be your first question. Second should be how much do you want to spend. I went with Flowmaster cat back, mac intake, pro-m 75 mm maf, SCT chip (Apten has gone down hill since brian left). Then I got a ford racing blower (best mod evar !!!!!11)

well i want to go as fast as posible lol..... i have a trrue dual exhaust... kkm intake... thazt all so far... i want a chip but i get mixed ideals from people on the best chip... who makes the BEST for performance...(o and what about a 75 shot of N2O hahaha what do u guys think of that....SSSSZzzzzzz)))

apten chip kcks because you get several programs, and Bryan will reburn inexpensively. He also is a great tuner. As for nitrous, well it runs out . I'd get blown. Air is free, while refills cost $$$ in long run. A supercharger will be there every time in the mountains, or the drags. It won't need refilled, and I believe is more predictable.
P.S., fill a balloon with notrous, put a lit cigarette in the fill hole of ballon,just barely cover filter end leaving burning end out, then let off the closing pressure with your fingers. Notice the purple flame coming out the burning end, probably could weld with it. That experiment shows the accelerating power of nitrous enhanced burn. fyi. don't try this by my reccomendation, I don't need a lawyer, and don't plan to. Just something I came up with camping at a concert once upon a time, long story...

bad thing to do with nos is put the purge valve at the end of a flamthrower kit ( a Buddy tryied and tourched his shed)

haha.... idk guys i just NEED to keep up wit my buddys GTP!!!!

99-5.0explorer said:
haha.... idk guys i just NEED to keep up wit my buddys GTP!!!!

Mt buddy has a 4 dr GTP. He has a 12 lb pulley, borla exhaust, fenderwell intake, cam and a chip. He runs High 7's in the 1/8. The thing is totally nasty. He whoops ass on mustangs and cameros all day long.

So hopefully your buddy doesn't have much money to spend on mods ;)

Here's what I did...

Hi everyone! Well, I've been an Explorationist for 10 years now, so I guess it's high time I joined the forums. In the past, I've had a '94 XLT and a '96 XLT 5.0. I upgraded to my '98 to get the improved cylinder heads/compression ratio.

On the Performance question at the start of this thread, here's where I am with my '98 XLT 5.0:
Motorsport headers (heavily massaged to remove the nasty internal weld beads)
Accel coil packs
Custom Cat back exhaust, dual 2 1/2" inlet, 3" outlet Flowmaster
Motorsport E303 cam
Crane 1.7:1 roller rockers
Motorsport phenolic upper/lower intake insulator/spacer
K&N filter, polished TB adapter
17x9 Cobra R wheels, 275/55R-17 General Grabber ST tires
Ceramic brake pads

The 275/55-17's have exactly the same revs per mile as the stock 235/75-15's so no speedo correction was required, but the handling is vastly improved.

I had a Superchips custom chip in it for a while, but it only helped with the shifts (I had it reprogrammed twice). The main thing it did was force me to use premium fuel. I think it runs just as well without the chip and it doesn't load up like it did.

This thing pulls hard off the line and harder than heck above 4000 RPM, and it sounds like a hot Mustang when you let it rev. I've surprised more than one Durango 5.9 R/T with it. I haven't gotten a chance at any of the new hemi Durangos yet.

Foo said:
OMFG best typo ever! Bahahhaha

i died laughing when i saw that...hahahahahahaha

tktrain where did you get most of your engine parts?

Back