• Register Today It's free!

Best bang for your buck?

RyansX

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
Hey all! I recently blew my passenger side front speaker in my 1998 Ex. and i want to get some replacement speakers. What would be the best bang for my buck? My dad bought some Pioneer 6x5 door speakers for his 2002 Silverado 1500 and i dont really like the way they sound very much. What do you all recommend for good speakers that sound good? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought a set of 4 polk audios and love the sound for how much I spent and a stock head unit. I cant remember the model but they were 6x8 and were reg price at $100.

I bought a set of 4 polk audios and love the sound for how much I spent and a stock head unit. I cant remember the model but they were 6x8 and were reg price at $100.

is that for 4 speakers or 2?

I love my HiFonics speakers, I got 4 and an amp for them for $180 shipped from sonics as a package deal thing. Like ST said, Polk makes great stuff too. Stay away from Sony Xplod...

Sorry 100 for 2 but I got them on sale for 150

I got 4 Kicker 5x7's for about $100 off amazon. They sound good and are well made.

Id say infinity kappas or Boston acoustics cant forget about focal my favorite

I've got some 6X8 Kenwoods that are awesome and cost me like $80 at a buddy's audio place.

somethin funny. I actually had a set of jensons in my mark viii i picked up DIRT cheap.... dont ask why.. BUT with the factory amplifier they SCREAMED also backed with 2 15's. And an old school pioneer deh 9800 head unit

Depends on what you're powering them with. if you're just using the internal amp of the head unit, the basic 2-way Pioneer 6x8's are all you need. If you step up to an external amp, something like a 50W x 4 to power them, you could either get the 3-way 6x8's that handle more power, or get a component system and use adapter plates.

With two 12's, it's easy for even 6x8's powered by the head unit to get overwhelmed by the bass. The 50W x 4 amp and higher power speakers would go a long way towards being able to hear the highs and midrange better. a 100W x 4 amp and components would do even more.

Back