Best headlights? Silverstars? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best headlights? Silverstars?

I was doing a search today and read a lot abotu these silver star headlight bulbs, are these the best for the buck, or are there other bulbs that are better? I want a nice light blue bring headlight that will look really good. I saw some headlights on a f150 today and that was a bright light blue and i was just in awe. What do you guys suggest? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Afboy143
I was doing a search today and read a lot abotu these silver star headlight bulbs, are these the best for the buck, or are there other bulbs that are better? I want a nice light blue bring headlight that will look really good. I saw some headlights on a f150 today and that was a bright light blue and i was just in awe. What do you guys suggest? thanks

First, I recommend you read this:

http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/bulbs/blue/blue.html

I'd personally recommend Sylvania XtraVision at $10 to $12 each.

Anything you put on a bulb to make it look blue lessens the light output. No exceptions.

Where can i get a set of cheap new headlights that will match my clear corners?

so what kind of light will the xtravisions put out? Just a bring white light that will help me see better or what? I really wanted a blue tint bulb, which would you reccomend besides the silverstars cuz i read they dont last long

but then again i read that these bulbs just a halogen bulb with blue filament on them? Why not just use headlamps with blue xenon and krypton gases?

The bulbs with a blue tints are dangerous in the rain. You won't be able to see anything in front of you. I had a pair of those and they sucked!!! I bought PIAA headlights and it was white-ish yellow. They are the best bulbs I've ever had. But I will definitely get the SilverStars when my PIAA's burn out.

Oh, just go down to the local Auto Performance Shop and get a set of HID's. They are worth it!

I love my silver stars. They are nice and bright compared to the old ones, made a world of difference.

Has anyone gotten tickets because of the blue tint headlight? IMO it looks kinda cool but at the same time you are inviting cops to pull you over and give you a ticket. I had my truck for almost 7 years and never replaced the headlight bulbs yet. Ofcourse after just saying that, they will burn out in a couple of days.

alrite thanks guys i guess im going to wal mart today and getting me some silver stars! Are they just intense white or what?

Re: Re: Best headlights? Silverstars?

http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/bulbs/blue/blue.html

IF you REALLY want to know about lights read here.

this guy knows the facts.

this is a no-win topic-everyone "sees" things differently.
we can discuss/debate this to hell freezes over,
[which is fine] and never all agree

use which ever lights you like, JUST BE VERY CAREFUL with overwattage stuff-you will damage wiring/melt something eventually. FACT.

peter

Back