• Register Today It's free!

Best In-Dash Monitor???

briley

Reaction score
City, State
Snellville, ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
I've been looking at in-dash monitors and i can't seem to come to a conclusion on which to get. I was wondering if any of ya'll know which company makes the best all round indash monitor Pioneer, Alpine, Panasonic, or Kenwood?

:exporange

briley

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the kenwood 715 dvd with touch screen and I love it. very easy to use and has a great picture

If your looking for the best then I would go with the Pioneer AVIC-N1 (nicknamed all-n-one). It seriously has everything in it, but it's expensive.

It has guages even, but I always wondered, since it's illegal to look at the screen while your driving, what's the point of the gauges? I know there are some screens that won't show anything while you're in drive.

That can be easily fixed so that you can drive and watch dvds. Usually they'll have a wire that you are supposed to hook to the parking break, but if you just hook it to a ground wire, it should allow you to watch dvds.

had the avic n1. worked great. no problems with it. i hooked up it to keep playing w/o having to park it. i rarely look at it while drivng.

just imagine getting into a nasty accident that you just happened to cause and the cops come to your vehicle and your dvd player is still playing some movie. ha - priceless

-Drew

put a 9.2" widescreen lcd in there and add a stand-alone dvd/cd/mp3 unit

I have the Alpine IVA-W200. I love it! One thing you need to know is some have built in navigation. My Alpine does not.

i have a kenwood KVT-815DVD, it is a good HU, i just want one with more features and cooler wallpapers and such

i want to swap to a Pioneer 6800 or 7800, deff would be my 2 top choices

Another for the Alpine W200, you can add a navigation unit, which is kinda pricey...
Or get a blackbird portable unit w/ docking station, so you'll have the portable GPS, and you can dock it in your car and control w/ the W200 when/if you need.

I dont need/want nav at this time, and the quality of Alpine's units that I've used previously kept me there. (CDA-7892, 9807, 9811)

Back