BEST OBD2 for $50

Cuco

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn , New York City
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford Explorer XLT
Autel Scanner
For approximately $50 bucks this is the best top tier scanner that you can get for the price. This scanner can hang with those $1000 dollars scanner

Autel AP200(HT200) Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner, Code Reader with Full Systems Diagnoses and 19 Service Functions, Mini Size Version of MK808 Diagnostic, Vehicle Scan Tool for iPhone & Android Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y8K6XZF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_bUTYDbDDVGA7K
Does not work on android 10

How is it better than the BAFX on Amazon for $22? That is supported by Forscan so appropriate to our Ford vehicles, and the free version of Forscan does quite a lot, or add Torque free version to do as many vehicles as you want, while this Autel product appears to only support one vehicle for lifetime, then $16 Android or $22 iOS for each additional vehicle for only 1 year.

Granted, newer Ford vehicles also use MS-CAN and the BAFX needs a switch wired in to change to that mode. Does the Autel support MS-CAN and does it automatically switch to it in the app if selected?

How is it better than the BAFX on Amazon for $22? That is supported by Forscan so appropriate to our Ford vehicles, and the free version of Forscan does quite a lot, or add Torque free version to do as many vehicles as you want, while this Autel product appears to only support one vehicle for lifetime, then $16 Android or $22 iOS for each additional vehicle for only 1 year.

Granted, newer Ford vehicles also use MS-CAN and the BAFX needs a switch wired in to change to that mode. Does the Autel support MS-CAN and does it automatically switch to it in the app if selected?
What I like about is the cool functions that it does ABS bleeding , trust me the scanner goes more in depth like a dealer Ford dealer scanner . It does read OBB to offer any vehicle & enhance . On my 96 Ford Explorer truck I was able to pull the keyless door combination with the scanner (it gave me the code to open the door)

^ I don't think it does anything more in depth than any other scan tool that has MS-CAN support (if it does, but that wouldn't be apparent in this case because our 2nd gen vehicles don't have MS-CAN). You should check out Forscan and see if it works with your adapter. It can read door key codes too.

Back