Best Option for backup camera with Navi? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best Option for backup camera with Navi?

GodStang

Reaction score
City, State
SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Limited
I just bought a 2010 Explorer Limited. It has Sync and Navigation. It does not have a backup camera. My kids like to leave bikes and scooters right behind cars. I normally catch them on walk arounds before leaving but would like the added viewing. What is the best camera/options to use the factory Navigation/Sync system. I have done a bit of searching but most come up for people with out Navigation. I am wanting to integrate it in.

Is it possible to add a front and rear camera to work with the older 2010 Sync/Navi?

Thanks

I just bought a 2010 Explorer Limited. It has Sync and Navigation. It does not have a backup camera. My kids like to leave bikes and scooters right behind cars. I normally catch them on walk arounds before leaving but would like the added viewing. What is the best camera/options to use the factory Navigation/Sync system. I have done a bit of searching but most come up for people with out Navigation. I am wanting to integrate it in.

Is it possible to add a front and rear camera to work with the older 2010 Sync/Navi?

Thanks[/QUOTE
I removed mine and when with a Kenwood DDX9903s, dual cameras, Android Auto, Car Play, idatalink adapter, to add all OEM features like TPMS, gauges and rear parking assist distance on screen. A total of $500 for all.

Thanks! I was looking last night and came across the Kenwoods that can be made to link up with Sync. How well does that work? Do you have what cameras you used and any pictures of mounting locations. After reading online I think this is my best option.

Thanks! I was looking last night and came across the Kenwoods that can be made to link up with Sync. How well does that work? Do you have what cameras you used and any pictures of mounting locations. After reading online I think this is my best option.
Its works very good so far, much better NAV with Google maps or Waze. Also added Ford splash screen to Kenwood to look like factory. Will show pictures shortly.

Back