best perfomance coil for sequential 94 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

best perfomance coil for sequential 94

smegun

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer xlt
looking to replace my ignition coil pack what is the best brand for coils

im looking at a performance coil but the harness connector is verticle instead of horizontal as in stock some question as to sequential order too anyone have a pic or two regarding wiring changes or best advice on new quality coil or conversion

the boy is an older truck needs a little fire at least before I change out the entire fuel rail or injectors I want to see if it helps had a bad alternator
ruined a year old battery ive changed those out already

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Coil pack? Stock replacement....from Ford.

M not 100% if it would work for your 94. But Im using got a screamin demon coil with the 10mm plug wires coil and it absolutely smoothed out my idle. I didn't see a performance gain really, but was not looking for one. I recommend it highly.

Accel makes both a vertical, and a horizontal harness plug style coil pack. part# 140035 is the horizontal plug. 140036 is the vertical one.

A second on Screamin Demon coil, but aside from a better idle and cold starting, and no difference to mpg or power, it's hard to justify the price to a stock replacement. That said, I love mine and was happy for what I got.
The Accel unit would be the one to get, IMHO, if I was to do it again.

more of my problem may be fuel rail but I want to change out the coil as well as fuel regulator screemin specs?

I see a demon here one here for a 3.8 litre mustang v6

not all transformers are equall I used to work at a shop that made arch welders the coils a meticulously separated as well as resin glazed and heat and vibration tested in the case of high out put I would assume that some coatings of the inductors would be involved cheap plating ? who knows coils also ive heard of fowled #4 cylinder can happen mabe because of a ground issue user error or ? blowing coils

at higher speed demon is claiming better throughput when loaded up the coil has to perform in my case hitting the excellerator needs to burn all the fuel im traking this mishap down he ha .... got to let it do its thing but occasionally granny is in the right lane on the hashed highway or you want to get away from the blind spotters

more of my problem may be fuel rail but I want to change out the coil as well as fuel regulator screemin specs?

I see a demon here one here for a 3.8 litre mustang v6

not all transformers are equall I used to work at a shop that made arch welders the coils a meticulously separated as well as resin glazed and heat and vibration tested in the case of high out put I would assume that some coatings of the inductors would be involved cheap plating ? who knows coils also ive heard of fowled #4 cylinder can happen mabe because of a ground issue user error or ? blowing coils

Logically you make sense...real world is the Explorer doesn't need additional spark. For $75 you can pickup the stock Motorcraft online...
Do what you want but don't expect it to be a miracle cure for something else that's wrong.

I run the accel and never had a problem, pick it over OE.screaming coil is nice but over kill really for stock motor and also can't be used with forced induction or nos, just doesn't work well with it...

new interstate bat and alternater and regulator from 90 to 130 amp new plug wires new double plat plugs but coils havnt been changed since birth what is the prone? #4 cylinder probably from leaving a plug wire loose human error but what happens as arching is bad

truck runs better with the tune ups getn like 20 mpg lightfoot but opening up the throttle is a slow gainer needs work strange thing is ive gotten a little brodie from it before like the new car smell so could be having a weak spark on a cyl or bank wouldn't doubt a split coil or faulty coil responsible for diminished behavior even though fairly smooth

any magnetos ? a bank of caps ? he ha

combined air spark and fuel pressure injection should be better but this lacks range as in a big 4 barrel opening the secondarys I havnt done any maf changes or cold air intakes when it gets hot its time for the cold air

it was all about getting real mixed gas in the cyliders with force ..turbos ...superchargers now there using 2000 psi injectors that is a big change they have always wanted to do that I remember looking at a 10 pound electronic fuel pump of a Mercedes with overhead cams in the 80's that sedan cranked 90 all day on the freeway ....

I have to fight the brain also but im looking at an engine stand and what do you think is going to happen if I don't get my way

amazing german ford 300k estimated hard shell needs mods so I can sleep in the back

new speed sensor ( speedometer cable assembly sensor down at the transfer case) new crank position sensor

marginal gains cant say how much although brain is happy staying tuned longer at least its setting up until of course i remove the bat cable

ended up with new performance wires with autolite guys and a new coil from gamera
basically stock coil performance gains at low r is back to most part

smegun...smegun....You really need to start putting in punctuation. It will make it so others can answer your questions much easier. You could at least put in multiply periods between what you think are different questions.

you don't have to worry unless its a question of authority

Back