• Register Today It's free!

best place to buy amsoil?

bullnerd

Reaction score
City, State
central jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 expo 5.0
Where are you Amsoil lovers buying it from?My local "dealer"wants twice what i can get it for from the amsoil web site.

Is that the best place?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Amsoil is gonna charge a fortune for shipping tho. I gave up on it when I could only find it for $9-$12 qt.

The only reason I buy amsoil is because the corporate headquarters and warehouse is about a mile from where I work. lol If I had to ship it it would not be worth it to me.

I get mine from the website. They charge me next to nothing to ship.

They charge sales tax also, but the shipping is about 10% of the total generally.

Pay to be a member etc, for the preferred prices. That $10 or so is worth it, the retail is a good 20% over the preferred prices.

You can buy oil and filter for a year for about $55 total.

They charge sales tax also, but the shipping is about 10% of the total generally.

Pay to be a member etc, for the preferred prices. That $10 or so is worth it, the retail is a good 20% over the preferred prices.

You can buy oil and filter for a year for about $55 total.

Don, I am amazed at how little they've charged me for shipping from their Edmonton depot down here to Calgary, but it's often been well less than 10%. I do the preferred membership thing too. Pays for itself for my truck and my wife's Subie.

Is there another local dealer in the area? I've bought it from 3 dealers, 1 charged me retail, one was a little under retail and one a little over. It's totally up to the dealer what they charge for it. I would loo for another dealer if I were you.

They offer a dealer membership for more, but I think their prices are the same unless they do more volume than a single person. My stuff usually comes with a dealer's name on it, meaning everyone is assigned to a dealer.

The preferred prices are well under the retail prices advertised. A membership always saves you more than buying retail, and by the sounds of it, less than through a dealer directly. Regards,

Thanks for the info.

Yes ,there are a couple more "dealers" nearby that i'm going to check with before i decide.

Thanks again.

Back