Best place to order ford parts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best place to order ford parts?

billb1981

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
Hey all, figured you guys would know pretty quick....my wife "redesigned" my explorer antenna with the garage door. Somehow it broke off on the bolt, but was able to get it out. I have seen the sharkfin antennas, but I'm going to be selling my 11 and getting a 13 or 14 soon, so I just need the standard pigtail antenna to screw back on. I see lots of diff sites, but anyone have a recommendation where I could get it online instead of through the dealer to save a few bucks? I have searched a bit but was just hoping someone might have replaced their antenna before.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had really good luck in the past using Tasca Ford to locate OEM Ford parts for my previous Explorers. Its been a few years but their selection, availablility and customer service was always excellent.

http://www.tascaparts.com/

The antenna mast shows as being $18.86 on Fordparts.com and $15.18 at Tasca. One of our site vendors, LevittownFordSuperCenter.com lists it at $15.44. I'd check with your dealer to see what they can get it for.

Peter

Google tousley ford parts (now autonation), they sell 10% over cost. Wont find mich cheaper then that and all parts/accessories are the same 10% over.

I've used fordparts.com and put my dealer info in there. The price is then discounted somewhat. Then, I take that printout to the actual parts counter and they match the price and no shipping charges! Also build up some rapport with the parts department and they probably make some commission. It sometimes comes out cheaper than Tasca after you add Tasca shipping but even if it is slightly more, it is easy to return an item if you don't need it or order the wrong part.

Google tousley ford parts (now autonation), they sell 10% over cost. Wont find mich cheaper then that and all parts/accessories are the same 10% over.
+1 Autonation Ford White Bear Lake MN. Best on line price I found on a hard to find body mount.
Amazing thing is they didn't have it in stock. 4000 miles and three days later it was at my door. :thumbsup:

I agree. I haven’t seen any other dealers match the prices at Autonation Ford in White Bear Lake on parts I’ve purchased from them. No, I’m not just plugging the dealership that I bought my Ex from, they truly are hard to be for prices. Although I don’t have to pay for shipping, so that’s another benefit for me.

Try autonationfordwhitebearlake.com. Long name, but seem to have really good prices. Not sure about shipping charges, though. Might consider just getting a generic antenna. Had a 5" antenna mast. Put it on XLT for a while. Did not hurt reception much. Put original back on. XLT is silver, antenna was blue.

Try autonationfordwhitebearlake.com. Long name, but seem to have really good prices. Not sure about shipping charges, though. Might consider just getting a generic antenna. Had a 5" antenna mast. Put it on XLT for a while. Did not hurt reception much. Put original back on. XLT is silver, antenna was blue.

See posts 4, 6 and 7 lol :dunno:

Seems there is a lot of advice here to save 2 or 3 dollars. :D For all that I'd just get my dealer to order me one and pick it up next time I'm in.

Peter

Seems there is a lot of advice here to save 2 or 3 dollars. :D For all that I'd just get my dealer to order me one and pick it up next time I'm in.

Peter
Not true. Most dealers I've researched use the MSRP found on the FordParts.com site mentioned above, sometimes considerably higher. For example, a 1l5z1000154ca body mount selling price is $220 vs. $145 from AutoNation Ford plus USPS Priority flat rate shipping. AN also lists COMPLETE part numbers in their diagrams so price comparisons are easy by just searching the part number.

We are talking about an $18 dollar item here.

Peter

Back