best place to wire? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

best place to wire?

I just recieved a safari bar with lights on it. Thing is, these explorers all seem to have really sealed firewall areas. Where do you guys run your 12v or your grounds through the firewall?? Any tricks or secrets. are you going from the batt or from a fuse box? Any response will help greatly! Here is the pic of the bar I need to wire. Thanks again!

mustangGT090.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran mine through the rubber grommet that the hood release cable runs through.

or if you are lazy like me behind the fender.

I ran mine through the rubber grommet that the hood release cable runs through.

is that the beige plug looking thing down there lol.. i can`t remember ha ha... i will look into that!

Mine is black. If you follow the cable from the hood release lever to the firewall you will see it.

I used a relay so all I had to run into the cab was the switch wire. I made a new hole for that because I had a bunch more wires to run for other projects.

And you dont need to run the ground all the way inside the cab, just attatch it to the first thing you can. If your running a lighted switch in the cab and you need a ground for that you can prolly run it off the steering colum, I have a few that come off of it.

I used a relay so all I had to run into the cab was the switch wire. I made a new hole for that because I had a bunch more wires to run for other projects.

And you dont need to run the ground all the way inside the cab, just attatch it to the first thing you can. If your running a lighted switch in the cab and you need a ground for that you can prolly run it off the steering colum, I have a few that come off of it.
cool. thanks for the advice!

Back