Best places for oil change? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Best places for oil change?

98EBV8

Reaction score
City, State
Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Eddie Bauer V8 AWD
Hi,
My mother went to Jiffy Lube with her Sidekick the other day and had the oil changed. She asked for Synthetic and they charged $30 more than the regular oil :eek:. They seems to do fast service as it took only 15 minutes.

I think it was a bit excessive because I had a similar service done at Penske before they went bankrupt. They charged only $40.

What other places would you suggest?

Thanks,
Shane

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jonny 5

Reaction score
City, State
Seekonk, MA 02771 (home), N. Dartmouth, MA (college)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT SOHC
Your driveway is the best, cheap too!

<

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
I second the driveway oil change but I doubt your mother would go for that. My family has had good experience with zip lube. My dad took his company truck there all the time since the company paid for it. Never had a problem. We did have problems with jiffy lube before.

<

Doug

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sykesville, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
Yeah i agree the driveway is the best place.

<

t99eddieb

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer - EB
I agree. buy two RhinoGear ramps and do it anywhere. I've seen people do it themselves in a pep-boys parking lot to give them the oil after.

<

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I agree. buy two RhinoGear ramps and do it anywhere. I've seen people do it themselves in a pep-boys parking lot to give them the oil after.

I hope he figured out where to do oil changes being that it's 19 years later :D ;)

<

Olds67

Reaction score
City, State
Munich
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 4x4 highclassSOHC V6
I hope he figured out where to do oil changes being that it's 19 years later :D ;)
That’s one thing i absolutely love about my explorer. You can just crawl under it for an oil change. 👍👍👍 No need to lift it.

<