Best places for oil change?

98EBV8

Reaction score
City, State
Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Eddie Bauer V8 AWD
Hi,
My mother went to Jiffy Lube with her Sidekick the other day and had the oil changed. She asked for Synthetic and they charged $30 more than the regular oil :eek:. They seems to do fast service as it took only 15 minutes.

I think it was a bit excessive because I had a similar service done at Penske before they went bankrupt. They charged only $40.

What other places would you suggest?

Thanks,
Shane

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your driveway is the best, cheap too!

I second the driveway oil change but I doubt your mother would go for that. My family has had good experience with zip lube. My dad took his company truck there all the time since the company paid for it. Never had a problem. We did have problems with jiffy lube before.

Yeah i agree the driveway is the best place.

I agree. buy two RhinoGear ramps and do it anywhere. I've seen people do it themselves in a pep-boys parking lot to give them the oil after.

I agree. buy two RhinoGear ramps and do it anywhere. I've seen people do it themselves in a pep-boys parking lot to give them the oil after.

I hope he figured out where to do oil changes being that it's 19 years later :D ;)

I hope he figured out where to do oil changes being that it's 19 years later :D ;)
lol. Im not saying I do my oil changes in the pep boys parking lot. I buy my oil online from amazon. But it could save me a trip if I buy my oil at pep boys and drop the old oil off. ;)

lol. Im not saying I do my oil changes in the pep boys parking lot. I buy my oil online from amazon. But it could save me a trip if I buy my oil at pep boys and drop the old oil off. ;)
I have used a five gallon plastic kerosene can for 20 years to hold old oil. One can holds four oil changes and I just empty the full container at Pep Boys when needed. Buying full synthetic oil from Amazon is just too easy and cost effective to not take advantage of. I have a stash of numerous Motorcraft oil filters on the rack courtesy of Amazon. I think all in, a full synth oil change runs me around $35 fpr the Explorer and Edge. I have to admit I take the 2007 Mustang GT to Valvoline for a change. It is so low to the ground getting under is a real PITA.

Back