Best shocks currently available for 2004 Exploder | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best shocks currently available for 2004 Exploder

GoTumper

Reaction score
City, State
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 AWD XLT
Currently have the rig in Mexico, running Rancho Quicklifts with 265/75-16 KO2's & 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers. Stance and tire clearance is perfect with this setup, BTW. BFG KO2's are the best tires I've ever owned; I abuse these things, run them with 25psi always, and the go everywhere with no problems. Soak up these bumpy-ass roads & hundreds of miles of gravel in the hills.

The Rancho Quicklift shocks...not so much. These things are low quality junk. Left front blew after a month, puked all its oil and the rears are now blown as well. Less than 6 months and about 5k miles. And now the front shocks have been discontinued...so no warranty.
That was $800 and a bunch of fu**around...all for nothing.

Looking to replace but don't want to spend money on any more junk. FYI - All the roads I travel are rough.

Anybody got any suggestions?

I am running on the 2 year old (approx 20000 miles), stock motorcraft original struts and coils.the roads here are really rough.

Cant see any reason for using aftermarket brand since the motorcrafts are cheap and easy to replace.

Back