• Register Today It's free!

Best Shocks out now?

mr.p

Reaction score
City, State
Berkeley, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 explorer
Im going to lower my ex after it gets out of the paintshop or soon thereafter, just wondering what would be your preferences on shocks for lowered explorer's, i saw black magic used bilsteins, and the others are the IAS edelbrocks but ive heard they get sloppy after a year or so, also they seem to talk alot about ride quality :eek: my sport rides like piss specially over bumps i can feel the ass end sway around real bad. anyways wanting a stiff performance shock. What do you guys run?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have Edelbrock IAS shocks, and to be honest mine are still stiff as when I installed them.
I have the "lowered application" version --

I've run Bilsteins with good luck on an Explorer...gave a very stable ride. A little stiffer than other shocks, but the cornering and bump absorption was top notch.

bilsteins

any idea on if they make a shock for lowered explorer's specifically or is it a generic shock for the explorer's?

umm

mind if i say WTF are those? airbags?:confused:

doetsch has been around for a while, they make alot of shocks, pre runner parts, and in my opinion the best drop shocks out there. nope the nitro slammers are just a series of shocks they make not bags. there just a nitrogen charged gas shock.

Back