Best small lift, shocks, leaf springs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best small lift, shocks, leaf springs

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 EB V8
I have a 94 sport 4X4. I would like to install a small suspension lift of like 2" or less. Which brands should work best. I also need to replace all 4 shocks. Which brands would be best, also my leaf springs are rusted, & I would like to replace them. Are there any replacements that I could get that would give me the small lift I want, & then I can just get bigger front springs. ALso since I'm doing all this, I would like to replace all the bushings. What should I use for this too.
Thanks
Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Jason and welcome..I have the skyjacker 2" on my 91'..Easy install..Have the Rancho 5000's, love them...Energy suspensions master kit w/poly bushings, and love them also..You can check out the rig by clicking on the sig. below..or check it out in person at the next Fl. Ex. Meet June 16/17..If you would like more info on either...drop me a line..Enjoy

Man Mike you are ALL OVER the florida boys....Every post your on em to make it to the meet in june!

Jeremy, I don't know about you, but I enjoyed our last run, and this coming event is going to be a blast...Share the wealth my friend...

It was a blast - but it will be more fun this time. We'll get to see a few people get stuck!

My opinion on the lift is the same as Mike's - I have a 3" body lift - room for bigger tires, but no difference in ride or suspension travel. The 2" lift should work well for you. Rancho, Skyjacker adn James Duff all make them I believe.

Jon

Back