Best stang forum?

bates

Shine on Benevolent Sun
Reaction score
City, State
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4dr
Well folks, I just bought a 5.0L stang, an 89 LX, and I figured you guys could tell me the best forum to goto. I know a lot of you guys either have or want one, so who better to ask?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll get pics later this week when I pick up the car. I paid 3k cdn.

As far as mods go, there aren't really too many, it's had the door handles shaved and the paint is a deep red with real gold flaked into the paint. It's got a dual exhaust system and sounds amazing, apparently its one of those midas jobs. The motor is stock, its got a cd player and some sort of amp is coming with that i haven't seen.

From what I've looked up, the 89 lx had 235 hp and 300 lbft of torque. Should be a good platform to build off. My plans incude a bulletproof shortblock, heads, all the intake and exhaust goods, chips, the usual stuff. That should bring me up to about...350 hp? So swap the clutch for a centerforce, and throw in about 150 of no2. Change to a 5 bolt pattern, add a locker and slicks and I should be able to have lots of fun right? Well thats the plan right now anyways, who knows what will actually happen.

And don't worry folks, The ex is goin into storage, I'll get it out again in dec, swap my trans and drive it for the snow.

Thanks for the links!

I frequent www.stangbangerz.com it was started by a guy from Cincinatti, mostly locals on there. Good group of guys though. I also spend alot of time on www.hardcore50.com it's more of a drag racing site, alot of good no BS tech on there. You won't see many "what CIA should I run?" or "why are my headlights dim?" kind of questions there. Also hit up the corral occasionally when I'm looking for entertainment.

Need to go www.austinareastangs.com. Wide range of info for the Classic Stangs up to the '05. Even have one member who has ordered his '06. :thumbsup: Plus SVO is a member as well!!! :D

Link fixed (SVO) ;)

You can also come over to www.NukinFutz.com and aid in the building of the American Muscle section. Stang Girl and SVO are over there also.

:)

Trckmagik said:
You can also come over to www.NukinFutz.com and aid in the building of the American Muscle section. Stang Girl and SVO are over there also.

:)

:thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

Trying my best to get more people to post about their Stangs...especially the women!! Need to show these guys that we hang with our fast cars as well. :D

Back