• Register Today It's free!

Best Sway Bar Link currently?

tripplec

Reaction score
City, State
Bowmanville, ON Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer LTD AWD
Well we were getting the Explorer rust sprayed and the tech said the front sway bar links are totally missing!!! LOL Wow what a design. I have seen some parts and it looks like a super long bolt with bushings. Even the MOOG one appears lacking. Mevotech appears to have a different approach though.

So what is really the best bushing bolt combination to install these days??

I read through this - Is a Deteriorating Rubber Boot a Problem?

Seems to be alternate bushings which someone makes maybe better. But ordering them in Canada maybe tricky. Any personal recommendation?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I take it they're the best bushings as that is what disintegrates and the long bolt does break somehow.

I am looking at RockAuto and they have a number of them in the HD category. MOOG is not one of them MEVOTECH and AC Delco only.

Thanks, I just ordered the TTX ones from Rockauto $40 delievered to me.

Since ours are totally missing. I am guessing the bolt goes from the bottom upwards. I can't see how the others would have fallen out other wise even snapped. The upper part should be floating around.

I personally think the Autozone sway links are the best. Not because the material is the best of sorts, but because if you feel like it, you can change your links annually or daily if you feel like. The warranty from Autozone is lifetime.

I personally think the Autozone sway links are the best. Not because the material is the best of sorts, but because if you feel like it, you can change your links annually or daily if you feel like. The warranty from Autozone is lifetime.
Not available in Canada anyway!!!

Cheers

Ok Mevotech TTX links installed on the front now this weekend. Went without a hitch. We (my son & I) were able to do them without removing the wheels. Extra hands to reach from front and back to put the piece together and tighten them.

Much better handling now. Who knows how long since they came off.

those are the ones I used to replace my fronts and rears..... funny part is when I did my fronts they had only 2 in stock and one box said made in usa and had silver bolts and the other box said made in mexico and had the gold tinted bolts.... I never payed any attention to the lifetime part good to know as long as the road doesn't eat them

These were Silver bolts, washers and collars. I never looked at the warranty though.

These bushing are suppose to be the best of the best. They cheap for US owners from RockAuto where I got them. Still good price compared to local parts shops here. We'll see and warranty don't help if they've fallen off!!!

Back