Best tires 20" adrenaline wheels | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best tires 20" adrenaline wheels

Have an 09 ex with the 20" adrenaline wheels. Looking for recommendations on a quite smooth tire brand and model higher end brand. Truck came with 3 goodyear eagles with 30% tread left and 1 new continental. Never owned a vehicle with semi low profile wheels such as these. Always ran all terrains or mud terrains. I do tow with this rig so I guess no car or crossover tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check if Michelin CrossClimate2 will fit, they are the best if all time.

They look like their geared more towards snow or ice use. Down here in south Louisiana we have 2 seasons, December and 11 months of summer.

They look like their geared more towards snow or ice use. Down here in south Louisiana we have 2 seasons, December and 11 months of summer.
HAHA same here in Alabama and sometimes all 3 seasons in one day

That's for sure. Crazy weather down here.

Have an 09 ex with the 20" adrenaline wheels. Looking for recommendations on a quite smooth tire brand and model higher end brand. Truck came with 3 goodyear eagles with 30% tread left and 1 new continental. Never owned a vehicle with semi low profile wheels such as these. Always ran all terrains or mud terrains. I do tow with this rig so I guess no car or crossover tires.
I have the 20" rims on my Mountaineer and installed Continental all season tires on it. Overall, I am pleased with them. I also installed low profile all season Continentals on my 2007 Mustang with 19" rims and are very pleased with them too. The low profile tires take about 10-12 miles to smooth out when it is under 35 degrees. The user manual states this and it is accurate. Overall, the lower sidewalls make for a bumpier ride but the steering response is better than the tall rim tires.

Anyone with experience on the continental extreme contact DWS? Looks like a great tire. Reviews are 5 stars on many different tire sites. Haven't had a continental since my first excursion back in 2006.

Anyone with experience on the continental extreme contact DWS? Looks like a great tire. Reviews are 5 stars on many different tire sites. Haven't had a continental since my first excursion back in 2006.
I'll check my tires tomorrow for the Continental model bought and report back.

Chrck out Michelin Primacy then. We're in Nevada and Just got 18 inches of snow.

I checked and I must have had a few brain cells die since I bought the tires. They are Cooper Adventurer Tour and not Continentals. They ride smooth and quietly and tread life has been very good so far.

Lol I've done that a few times. I'd usually go with the cooper's. Fantastic tire but ever since goodyear bought them out the quality of the new models is terrible. Don't know if the touring and Highway tires changed but the all terrain and mud terrains are horrible now.

Lol I've done that a few times. I'd usually go with the cooper's. Fantastic tire but ever since goodyear bought them out the quality of the new models is terrible. Don't know if the touring and Highway tires changed but the all terrain and mud terrains are horrible now.
I have Cooper tires on my Mountaineer, 2007 Mustang and wife's Edge. I really don't have any complaints with any of them so far. I am not sure which models are on the other two cars.

Are they cooper originals or goodyear/cooper's? Goodyear switched out the all terrain and mud terrain tires to a new model June 2021.

I had 3 sets in a row of the old all terrains on the f350. 60-75k miles on each set no issues at all. f350 lives with a utility box loaded down with tools and tows my excavator or skidsteer (16-18k lbs) 2-3 times a week long distances (40-50k miles a year). 2 sets on the f250 similar mileage no issues. Always smooth and quite. 3 sets of the old 35" mud terrains on the excursion 40-50k miles no issues.

I've had nothing but bad luck with the goodyear/coopers. On the f350 1st new set of goodyear/cooper all terrains lasted 22k miles till they hit the wear indicators. Tires developed a hum and vibration at 2500 miles that sounded like a noisy mud terrain. Cooper/goodyear denied my noise claim and denied the mileage warranty as well. Running Bridgestone duelers now.

Put a set of the cooper at/3 4S on the honda. Developed a noise and vibration at 500 miles. Cooper and the tire shop denied the noise complaint. Put 12k miles on them and couldn't take the noise any longer. Put a set of uniroyals on it and all is good.

Sorry for the long rant I spend alot of $$ in tires and its incredibly disappointing when a good brand goes bad and the customer has to pay the price. Loved cooper when it was just cooper. But goodyear/cooper is just bad news. Tires are more expensive and quality went down the drain.

I am not sure who manufactures what tire. I am just relaying my experience with the tires I am currently using. I have close to 20k miles on the Coopers on my Mountaineer and around 8k miles on the Mustang. So far they have performed very well.

Back