• Register Today It's free!

Best Tune Up Parts

HUNTER94

Reaction score
City, State
South Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Newbie here wanting to know what are the best parts to buy for my 94 xlt. I just got the MAS replaced last week and I just bought a K&N air filter. So my question was...is it worth buying an aftermarket intake or will my K&N be sufficient?
What are the best..
1. Spark plugs
2. Spark Plug Wires
3. Coil
4. Fuel Filter

Anything else I left out lemme know, Im gonna give the x a tune up tommorow so Id appreciate your help.

Welcome to the site!

In my opinion it is always best to go with Motorcraft. Specially with the spark plugs and wires. I don't think the coil pack and fuel filter will vary much from brand to brand.. so you could probably use whatever you come across for those.

Good luck!

I use motorcraft spark plugs and splitfire spark plug wires. The combo works good. For a fuel filter just get whatever Autozone or other stores have. Be sure to have the special disconnect tools for the fuel line when you do it. Those are also available at Autozone as well. Might want to get an O2 sensor, Bosh is a good brand for that. A K&N drop in filter works good for most people including myself. You can look into getting a KKM which is an open conical filter. Do a search for KKM on this site for more info on that. You will want to clean your MAF sensor which is a black looking box on top of the intake tube near the filter. It has 2 screws holding it in. Click here for more info on cleaning it I dont think you need a new coil pack unless yours is not working properly. You should also check your fan belt and replace it if it is cracked. Check your radiator hoses too and feel for any buldges or places where the hose may be bad. Good luck!

Lastly, welcome to the site!! :bounce:

Hey thanks I think thats all the info I needed.:D

Back