Best way to install FOG and/or Drivers Lights on Bumper, First Gen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best way to install FOG and/or Drivers Lights on Bumper, First Gen

What is the best way to mount 4 lights, 2 amber FOG and 2 clear for driving lights on the upper part of the bumper on a first gen explorer 1993 is what i have.

Any ideas for a bracket, or should i just drill and mount them, but i don't like holes in my bumper, so any ideas for bracket design?

I may drill holes if it is the easiest way, but i don't want a rusty bumper in a year or so.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just drilled and mounted. Just paint after you drill and before you put the lights on. No rust.

1600colin.jpg

OcoHighCtr1.jpg

Thanks Froader

What looks better in yours or anyones opinion, 4 Square lights or 4 round lights on the front bumper first gen?

Bet he'll say Round.

I'd say round.

Bet he'll say Round.

I'd say round.

Free ones look the best to me. :D

Mad - What kind of lights are you thinking of? I guess I mean, what size?

Free ones look the best to me. :D

Mad - What kind of lights are you thinking of? I guess I mean, what size?

I was looking at the normal Square Style Lights and/or the Round Style lights that look like the newer FOG lights on newer vehicles, what are they called Projection Lights?

As for size, not too big, not to small... lol

Something like the FOG round lights on newer vehicles or the normal square size.

I am not sure if you can see this page.

But here are some of the lights i was looking at and remember i want 2 for FOG and 2 for driving lights when i drive at night on low beam and as for FOG well just for Foggy Conditions, also i want to have them separated so i can turn FOG off and have bumper driver lights on .. or .. either one when i feel like it.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/home.jsp

If you can't see page and it wants a Postal Code type in P6A5K8 and search for Fog Lights.

There is two pages on that site.

These are the ones i was considering.

Courtesy of canadian tire:

Ultra-White Rectangular Fog Light Kit, which are similar as this blazer ones i posted about.

These are 55w bulbs, 12v

Features

H3 quartz halogen bulb, 12V
55W bulb is bright enough to light up any road
Like HID (high intensity discharge) lights which are closer to natural sunlight
Space-free screw design
Easily adjustable bracket
Reinforced black metal housing
Blue lens
Model No. 8086B

0203519_450_CC_25135.jpg

Thks for doing that.

Nah me either now that i see it, i would say space them out all four in the middle of the grille.

Can ya put all four in middle now?

The ones i was looking at in buying are a little less blue.

The only way that I can think of that doesnt consist of holes would be either to Gorilla Glue them or make a home-made bracket which attaches to the assembly behind the grill. A lot of home modifications would probably need to be done. This includes make your own bracket for the fogs.

Well i may reduce it to only 2 lights and put then above the licence plate, just look at burn's truck where the 2 middle ones are. Of course the ones i may buy are slimmer in design.

I just drill holes, but 4 lights on there i think maybe over kill, but would be cool... :)

These are the ones i was considering.

Courtesy of canadian tire:

Ultra-White Rectangular Fog Light Kit, which are similar as this blazer ones i posted about.

These are 55w bulbs, 12v

Features

Space-free screw design
Blue lens
Model No. 8086B

0203519_450_CC_25135.jpg

For what it's worth, I just installed the driving light (not fog) version of those in my bumper. Very bright, a great deal IMO.

For what it's worth, I just installed the driving light (not fog) version of those in my bumper. Very bright, a great deal IMO.

Are these the ones you have as on their site there is no Square Ones for driving lights?

If so can it be possible to put some Pictures up on here how they look and how they are at night time in darkness no street lights

Ultra-White Oval Driving Light Kit

Features

Space-free screw design
Blue lens
SAE/DOT approved
Model No. 8083B

0203517_450_CC_2512d.jpg

?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's them. I'll try to get some pics tonight, I'll post them tomorrow as I don't get off work till 2:30 am. Gotta warn you, my camera doesn't like taking pics of lights, but I'll do my best.

Back