• Register Today It's free!

Best way to seafoam a 4.0 sohc??

Gianni D

Reaction score
City, State
Quakertown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT V6 (SOLD)
I'm planning to seafoam my X this coming weekend (weather-permitting). I read the sticky on how to seafoam a 302, but how do you seafoam a 4.0 sohc? I know I can use the brake booster, but it seems that a lot of people here don't like that method 'cause the seafoam doesn't reach all cylds ...

Any suggestions??

Gianni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wouldnt the break booster get only 1 side? it would get to the back though.
you could try throttle boady & break booster.
dont forget to put 1/3 in your crank oil.

I read somewhere around this forum to use breather tube that connects the air intake to the IAC ... can someone elaborate on this procedure??

Thanks,
G

The Idle Control Valve "IAC" is at the rear centre of the upper intake and is vac controlled to a wire actuator arm.
You could remove this and poor the stuff in!
You could also look at the crankcase ventilation - those lead to the middle of both sides of the upper air intake.

I just completed seafoaming my engine at my buddy's place. It was extremely easy to do and I got the expected results (my friends thought I broke my engine when they saw the smoke cloud). I also cleaned my MAF and throttle body and replaced my IAC sensor.

My engine is running extremely smooth now ....

Thanks for all the advice,
Gianni

Back