• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Best Web Hoster

ahhjaws

Moab Edition Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Collins, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XLT
Hey, I'm looking to get my own web hosting with a personallized domain name.

What good, mostly cheap ones are there out there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Yahoo! I'm happy with it. Its cheap (I think about 12 bones a month). It works great for me!

ahhjaws

Moab Edition Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Collins, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XLT
Do they advertise on you page? Pop-ups? I trying to find one that you get the whole page, not the middle, or whatever, but that's more the free ones.

Last edited:

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
No, there's nothing on your page. No ads or pop ups or anything. It's just a Yahoo service.. not a Yahoo page.

Go to http://website.yahoo.com and check it out.

Blue Steel

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '97 XLT SOHC
http://www.hostonce.com it's great. that's what i've got my web site on. ftp server, email acounts, etc etc. run on apache server so it doesn't mess up unless the server is down. not bad upload and download speeds either for the price you pay.

Mikes95XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Bartlett, IL (currently in Bloomington for school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
There's a new hosting service out there that offers no setup fee, 11.95 a month, 100MB space I think, no advertising, and a free message board like this one... they're relatively new, but I'm going to be going through them I think with a website my friend and I are making for his car....

http://www.invisionpower.com

Mikes95XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Bartlett, IL (currently in Bloomington for school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Damn that sounds like a sweet deal.... the lunar pages one, they offer a lot of stuff! Especiall if you're going to be doing dynamic pages with PhP and MySQL..... I like, I like.....