BF Goodrich All Terrain ko | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BF Goodrich All Terrain ko

After 6 years with no other tires than BFG Mud Terrains, I got some BFG AT/ko. Impression after the first 10 miles: Geeez, I did not know that tires can be sooooooo quiet :D

:eek: After this very meaningfull post, back to work ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:chug: Work.....whats that?

Ditto

I have had BFG ATs for 5yrs, and now the Ko's. They are quiet and more importantly STRONG. They help bridge the gap between road/off road tread design.

My first set lassted 65kmiles...:thumbsup: :

how many miles did you get on your muds each time ya had them on?

How do the ko's do in snow or any other slick stuff ;-)

The A/T KO's are excellent in the snow, so good in fact they are snow rated like dedicated winter tires. They aren't so great after they wear down to half tread or so, but they are still better than many generic tires. They are also good in the wet, with sipes and two channels for water.

The BFG A/T KO is probably the best on/off road all-terrain in terms of looks and off-road performance that still keeps the characterstics you want in a tire to use on pavement year-round. Lots of mud tires are not just noisy, but they are not very grippy on wet pavement due to the smooth lugs, low surface area, and they aren't good in wet, slushy snow, either.

The downsides are weight, which affects gas mileage, the firm/harsh ride, which depends a lot on the size you get and the vehicle you're using it on, and the suspension you have with it, plus the fact they lose a lot of their performance when the tread gets down to about half. Still a good tire, and with all the sizes available, you can put them on just about anything.

In terms of snow ability HELL YES!! I have driven on black ice and 3ft deep snow drifts with stock suspension in my 06. These by far are the best tire I have ever put onto an suv or truck. So they damper your mpg a touch. It is so little that no one is really going to notice or care. Truly if my mileage has dropped I wouldn't even notice since I put BFG KO's on my Explorer the day I bought it. They work aired down great too. Have taken them to Pismo and was able to air down to 15psi with no problems at all. Having a tire rated as an LT is fantastic. The pressure range you get with this tire is fantastic.

Back