BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO on SportTrac Ltd? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO on SportTrac Ltd?

greenmotion

Reaction score
City, State
Houston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac Limited
Hello everyone;

I need to drop new tires on my 07 Sporttrac pretty soon and am wondering if anyone here has any experience with the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO tires?

My stock tires are 235/65R18; would the BFG 265/65R18 fit? Also really curious to see if anyone has any pictures of said setup.

GM

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

dbesse

Reaction score
City, State
St. Pete, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport trac XLT
GM,
I was gonna run those tires on my ST, not in that size cause I have the factory 17" rim. My stock tire were 245/65/17 and now I'm running 265/65/17 (31.5") with no rubbing issues what so ever even in full lock turn. I do have to mention tho, my ST has the Truxx level kit but I feel 265/65/18 would be fine.

my $0.02 :thumbsup:

<

GSU4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Canton, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Sport Trac XLT
<

Lil98Sport4X4

Former DSMer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
State College, PA WE ARE... PENN STATE!!
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Sport Trac Ltd V8 4x4
I'm looking to do the same thing to my 07 ST, except I'm gonna go with a set of BF Goodrich 275/70R17 A/Ts. I'm still sorting through the task of installing a new set of TPMS sensors, because I'm buying new wheels too (want black ones to match my ST).

The largest tire diameter I've heard/read that will work on a stock 2nd gen ST is 31". At 31.7", the tires you want may rub. Maybe someone else here can chime in if they've heard/read different?

If you plan on lifting your ST (and the only way I know to lift a 2nd gen ST is the Truxxx lift/level kit), then you should definitely be good to fit 265/65R18s under your Sport Trac. Otherwise, you may want to consider a set of 275/65/R18 (31.1") BFG A/Ts.

I've had 32" BFG A/Ts on my 98 Explorer for a while now, and I love 'em. They give your vehicle a tough look, and they never let me down... no matter where I took my X (rocky trails, rain, mud, and deep snow).

Of course, the best way to be sure is to find a local dealer who would have the tires in stock and check the fit, but I know that's easier said than done for some of us.

Good luck!

<

tmsoko

Reaction score
City, State
Plymouth, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Adrenalin
I have had BFG ATs in the past and have gotten good performance out of them. I have recently changed over to Nitto Terra Grapplers however and could not be happier. They are great wet / dry traction, quiet, and have sizes that just fill the wheel opening much better.

<

greenmotion

Reaction score
City, State
Houston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac Limited
Thanks for all the responses.

@dbesse: would you happen to have some pics of your setup

@GSU4x4: I've been looking at the grabbers, but I noticed these tires are not carried by Discount Tire and/or Ford. I'd like to go with something they have in stock, so that in case the tire won't fit, they can take it off and put something else on it. If I were to custom order them, I'd be stuck with them.

@Lil98Sport4X4: How did you factor 275/65/R18 to be 31.1?

I want to go with something that really looks rugged and get rid of those skinnies on there, but not ready for a lift-kit yet.

<

Cozmik

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Kitchener, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
BFG AT/KO's on any Ex are a win. I've run 32's on my EB in the past and currently have 31's on it. Great tires. Great all around tire for a mix of offroad, on road, snow etc...

<

Lil98Sport4X4

Former DSMer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
State College, PA WE ARE... PENN STATE!!
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Sport Trac Ltd V8 4x4
I checked the spec at tirerack.com.

Here's the link.

Click on the "specs" tab and look under overall diameter.

<

GSU4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Canton, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Sport Trac XLT
@GSU4x4: I've been looking at the grabbers, but I noticed these tires are not carried by Discount Tire and/or Ford. I'd like to go with something they have in stock, so that in case the tire won't fit, they can take it off and put something else on it. If I were to custom order them, I'd be stuck with them.
I picked mine up at a local tire shop, but when I took my ST in for an oil change at the Ford dealership, the manager asked me where I got my tires and for how much because he liked them so much he was ordering them to keep in stock and sell.

<

<

luv2hike27

Reaction score
City, State
New Whiteland, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 XLT 4x4 V6
GM,
I was gonna run those tires on my ST, not in that size cause I have the factory 17" rim. My stock tire were 245/65/17 and now I'm running 265/65/17 (31.5") with no rubbing issues what so ever even in full lock turn. I do have to mention tho, my ST has the Truxx level kit but I feel 265/65/18 would be fine.

my $0.02 :thumbsup:

Hello, new to the forum, can you explain what the Truxx level kit is and maybe a pic or link? Thanks!

<

Ecua

Reaction score
City, State
Quito
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sport trac 2010
Hi everyone. Im new in the forum. I need your help. I just got a 2010 st xlt and I just ordered a truxx 2.5 front and 1.5 truxx lift kit and a set of Fuel wheels in 17 x 8.5 offset -6 and backspacing 4.5. I m considering the bfg at/ko tires in 265/70-17. Would they rub? Do i need to change the sensors?

<