BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO on SportTrac Ltd? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO on SportTrac Ltd?

greenmotion

Reaction score
City, State
Houston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac Limited
Hello everyone;

I need to drop new tires on my 07 Sporttrac pretty soon and am wondering if anyone here has any experience with the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO tires?

My stock tires are 235/65R18; would the BFG 265/65R18 fit? Also really curious to see if anyone has any pictures of said setup.

GM

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GM,
I was gonna run those tires on my ST, not in that size cause I have the factory 17" rim. My stock tire were 245/65/17 and now I'm running 265/65/17 (31.5") with no rubbing issues what so ever even in full lock turn. I do have to mention tho, my ST has the Truxx level kit but I feel 265/65/18 would be fine.

my $0.02 :thumbsup:

I'm looking to do the same thing to my 07 ST, except I'm gonna go with a set of BF Goodrich 275/70R17 A/Ts. I'm still sorting through the task of installing a new set of TPMS sensors, because I'm buying new wheels too (want black ones to match my ST).

The largest tire diameter I've heard/read that will work on a stock 2nd gen ST is 31". At 31.7", the tires you want may rub. Maybe someone else here can chime in if they've heard/read different?

If you plan on lifting your ST (and the only way I know to lift a 2nd gen ST is the Truxxx lift/level kit), then you should definitely be good to fit 265/65R18s under your Sport Trac. Otherwise, you may want to consider a set of 275/65/R18 (31.1") BFG A/Ts.

I've had 32" BFG A/Ts on my 98 Explorer for a while now, and I love 'em. They give your vehicle a tough look, and they never let me down... no matter where I took my X (rocky trails, rain, mud, and deep snow).

Of course, the best way to be sure is to find a local dealer who would have the tires in stock and check the fit, but I know that's easier said than done for some of us.

Good luck!

I have had BFG ATs in the past and have gotten good performance out of them. I have recently changed over to Nitto Terra Grapplers however and could not be happier. They are great wet / dry traction, quiet, and have sizes that just fill the wheel opening much better.

Thanks for all the responses.

@dbesse: would you happen to have some pics of your setup

@GSU4x4: I've been looking at the grabbers, but I noticed these tires are not carried by Discount Tire and/or Ford. I'd like to go with something they have in stock, so that in case the tire won't fit, they can take it off and put something else on it. If I were to custom order them, I'd be stuck with them.

@Lil98Sport4X4: How did you factor 275/65/R18 to be 31.1?

I want to go with something that really looks rugged and get rid of those skinnies on there, but not ready for a lift-kit yet.

BFG AT/KO's on any Ex are a win. I've run 32's on my EB in the past and currently have 31's on it. Great tires. Great all around tire for a mix of offroad, on road, snow etc...

I checked the spec at tirerack.com.

Here's the link.

Click on the "specs" tab and look under overall diameter.

@GSU4x4: I've been looking at the grabbers, but I noticed these tires are not carried by Discount Tire and/or Ford. I'd like to go with something they have in stock, so that in case the tire won't fit, they can take it off and put something else on it. If I were to custom order them, I'd be stuck with them.
I picked mine up at a local tire shop, but when I took my ST in for an oil change at the Ford dealership, the manager asked me where I got my tires and for how much because he liked them so much he was ordering them to keep in stock and sell.

GM,
I was gonna run those tires on my ST, not in that size cause I have the factory 17" rim. My stock tire were 245/65/17 and now I'm running 265/65/17 (31.5") with no rubbing issues what so ever even in full lock turn. I do have to mention tho, my ST has the Truxx level kit but I feel 265/65/18 would be fine.

my $0.02 :thumbsup:

Hello, new to the forum, can you explain what the Truxx level kit is and maybe a pic or link? Thanks!

Hi everyone. Im new in the forum. I need your help. I just got a 2010 st xlt and I just ordered a truxx 2.5 front and 1.5 truxx lift kit and a set of Fuel wheels in 17 x 8.5 offset -6 and backspacing 4.5. I m considering the bfg at/ko tires in 265/70-17. Would they rub? Do i need to change the sensors?

Back