BF Goodrich All-Terrains | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BF Goodrich All-Terrains

i've got a set of factory size bf goodrich all terrains. i've had them for two years now, and are just starting to wear bad, but for my use of them so agressivly, they have held up really well. for people that have these also, what are your opinions on them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the 30/9.5's I like them for the most part, but I'm a little dissapointed with them for the way they are on wet desert streets.They slide pretty good when it gets wet here, luckily it's not that often. Andrew

I have the 30X9.50s too. I like them. Aggressive enough to tackle semi rough crap, and they give a good ride on the road and are pretty quite. One thing i don't like, they get noisy if you turn sharply going to fast and like to round over when that happens. They also don't make sound when u spin:( But i really shouldn't be doing that. I only have a few miles on them, and pretty much no wear, only one rotation. Only thing i regret is not getting 31s.

i have 32x11.5 and i love them. they havent slipped at all on wet roads. the only thing i dont like about them is that they arent so good in mud. moderate mud they are very good, but in deep mud they suck.

I liked them when I had them. Definately a great all-around tire. Great onroad (traction, wear, noise) for how much offroad traction they have. Of course not the best in sand or mud, but better than many other ATs I've seen.

I have the new 315/70R17 (35x12.50R15) BFG AT/KOs and love them! They are great for pavment traction, low noise, very smooth ride, balance perfect(!), and drive like I'm on 31s. I haven't experienced too much mud or deep stuff, but I know I have an AT so I don't expect the traction off-road as my Mickey Thompson Baja Claws did. I do expect a long life as I have seen in the past.

i also regret not getting a bigger size, but i got them for xmas and no tire place around here would go 31's so i figured i'd just leave it at that. the problem i've seen in deeper mud is how it just cakes itself in the tread and makes basically a "slick" wheel, unlike say a mud terrain which still has rubber to grab and doesn't cake up as easily, but i found that definitly the first year i had them, they were excellent.

ugggh not as good as they should be in my opinion. and we get a lot of snow, slush, and everything in between here. i think it had more due to them being worn down because last winter i had them they weren't as bad, but man...let's just say i had to use some real driving skills to get out of some bad situations!!!

I had the 235/75R 15s and wasn't THAT thrilled with them. IMHO, they looked better than they performed but I didn't get into mud, just snow and inclement weather.
When I switched to the 31x10.5, I have been pleasantly suprised by their performance all on surfaces and give them a two thumbs up, and they just fill up the wheel well that much more for a sweeter stance. :exp:

They did great in snow, slush, and ice when I had them.

They are the only A/T that is rated as a true snow tire. They have a mountain with a snowflake in it, that is the symbol that it is a legal snow tire. Andrew

Mine are great in the snow, on regular roads and in deep unplowed territory. I have gone through probably 12" easily with 33x10.5s, and rarely use 4x4 on road in the winter time.

well, i wasn't pleased this evening. my X got hung up bad (and i do know there is not much the tires can do in this situation) but man, didn't those things get slick, they wouldnt grab anything i put under them.

Back