BFG AT 31X10.5 Fit on Stock 99 XLT rim? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BFG AT 31X10.5 Fit on Stock 99 XLT rim?

Hi all. I have a 99 XLT with the stock 235/75/15 Tires on them. Does anyone know if BFG AT 31X10.5 will fit the stock rim (15X7 i think) without rubbing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The tire will fit on the rim, you may rub a little. It depends on the Explorer. Some rub and some dont, if they do rub just crank the torsion bars a little. If you dont know how to do that do a search for Torsion bars. Welcome to the site.

you wont rub 31's fit good on the new style X's like yours and mine

Yep you are right. Just got them today and they do look fantastic. No rubbing even at full turn. Now what other little mods can i do to my little X :)

Well you could do what i did and try to improve gas mileage by getting a k&n FIPK Gen2, throttle body, throttle body spacer, Bosch Platinum +4s, all of this will improve gas mileage and get you some extra horses. I guess thatll get you started if you dont want to do that just leave a message and i can give you plenty of other suggestions:D

Back