BFG ATs question...where to buy? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BFG ATs question...where to buy?

Greetings-
My BFG ATs are wearing out, and it is time to replace them. I was just wondering if there were any experiences, good or bad, about purchasing from Sears? They have the ATs at a decent price on sale this week.

Any insights to purchasing tires from Sears would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im sure sears can put a tire on just like any one eles they all use the equipment if there a good deal go for it!!!

I don't like getting ANY tires from Sears due to their WAY overpriced fees for mounting, balancing, etc. By the time you're done you've spent an extra $100 in tacked-on fees for something that's free or at least much more decently priced at most other places.

Most places charge just $10/tire to mount and balance, even if you bring in a wheel and tire you bought somewhere else.

If you can't find a better deal on BFG AT's, it might be worth it, but I'd suggest calling around to get prices at other places first. Places like Sam's Club, Discount Tire Co., etc. usually have lower everyday prices than Sears' sale prices, and much lower mounting/balancing fees, along with lifetime balancing, free flat repair, and other nice extras.

Of course, if your Sears is really close and you get top notch service and there's some free mounting/balancing or some service special in addition to the sale price, that might make a difference too.

Just remember that alot of tire centers will not place tires sizes not listed for the vehicle originally so if you buy a set of 31x10.5x15s at Sam's club, Walmart, Sears, etc they may not mount them for you.

Just remember that alot of tire centers will not place tires sizes not listed for the vehicle originally so if you buy a set of 31x10.5x15s at Sam's club, Walmart, Sears, etc they may not mount them for you.

How hard would it be to mount them yourself?

take them to a little tire shop that fixes flats,they will mount and balance them,they charge 10.00 a tire here in pa
--
its not hard to mount them yourself,its just having the right parts to do it

Back