BFG KM2 Review...for what it's worth | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BFG KM2 Review...for what it's worth

Hello All,

Just thought I would throw it out there for what it is worth. Around Christmas time this year I put a new lift and tires (among other things) on my '92 Ex. After a few trips up in the mountains in the snow/mud, I have the following review for the BFG KM2 Mud Terrains (35 x 12.5 R 15):

Great overall tires, look great, surprisingly quiet and smooth on the highway.

Performance wise they do great in the heavy rain, cut through ruts in the highway and puddles on the side of the road like nothing. In the mud they have done ok, no real complaints, but not really fully tested yet either. Depending on the kind of soil you got, these things don't self-clean particularly well, so keep the rpm's up when needed. Not sure how they do on rocks, but I hear they do well.

Recommendation: If you're playing in the deep snow, lower the psi down to about 20 psi, and keep the wheels turning to clear the treads when needed. When I first started getting in the deep stuff, they were struggling. Once I lowerd the psi...the ex tore the mountain a new one.

That may be true for about any tire, but I noticed it particularly with these. Time will tell how these wear.

Back