bfg mud terrain | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bfg mud terrain

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have ran them in the past and they are currently on my dad's dually. They are not the best at anything, but they are decent at everything. They clean okay in the mud, work alright on the rocks, are fairly quiet on the street (really quiet compared to most other MT's), and wear decent. If you want a tire that is quiet for an MT, lasts a long time for an MT, and is decent at every terrain in north america i say get them.

also how is the ride on the highway can u feel all the vibrations and stuff thanks is the ride really that different from an all terrain brcause i drive on the street alot so let me know thanks will be greatly apperciated for the advice thanks

please use punctuation(s).

All-terrains are obviously going to be smoother than the M/Ts. I would stick with A/Ts if you want something aggressive and smooth.

-Drew

I have Kumho M/T's and the tread is SIMILAR.... its not too much different from an A/T to me, obviously they are a little louder, but nothing unbearable by any means.

james t said:
They are not the best at anything, but they are decent at everything. They clean okay in the mud, work alright on the rocks,QUOTE]

out of curiousity if u think the bfg's are only ok in mud. what "radial" mud terrain do u considere to be great in the mud. minus the super swampers ofcourse. cuz other than the tsl's and probably the mud grapplers is there any other mud terrain that can beat the bfg's in mud? imo bfg's are at the top of the list minus the tsl's and probably the mud grapplers (just a guess i mean for what they cost they better be awesome) what else is there?

Love my 32's. They are really quiet for a MT and have performed very well for me so far. Smooth ride as long as you keep them rotated and balanced like they should be.
I like the aggressive look of the MT over the AT on an explorer too.

hiridin said:
out of curiousity if u think the bfg's are only ok in mud. what "radial" mud terrain do u considere to be great in the mud. minus the super swampers ofcourse. cuz other than the tsl's and probably the mud grapplers is there any other mud terrain that can beat the bfg's in mud? imo bfg's are at the top of the list minus the tsl's and probably the mud grapplers (just a guess i mean for what they cost they better be awesome) what else is there?
Well, honestly i think they are the best generic whatever x 12.50 radial tire out there in the mud, and pretty decent at everything else. However, ive heard alot of northern guys talk crap about them in the mud compared to whatever brand 33x12.50 radial, so i watch what i say if you know what i mean. ;) Ive come to the conclusion on this subject that we must have a different type of mud around here in the Ark-La-Tex area than up north.

I can think of one other generic radial that at least matches the BFG in mud- the Chapparal Trailblazer MT or the Phantom Mud King whatever they are calling it this month its the same tire. As far as i know its a knockoff brand made by BFG.

Back