BFG Mud-Terrains VS Firestone Destination Mud-Terrains | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BFG Mud-Terrains VS Firestone Destination Mud-Terrains

I've narrowed my choices in tires down to BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM and the Firestone Destination M/T's. I'm running Firestone Destination LE's at the moment, (came on the truck :() but after some body lifts, shackles and a TT will be running 33s on stock rims.

I've heard that the Destination M/Ts are some of the best tires out there for off-road use online. However, all the local 4x4ers swear by the BFG mud-terrains, which i had originally planned to buy.

Any who has had either or both of these tires, let me know what you did/didn't like about them.

I had BFG mud terrains, and i was in love with them. They are one of the most popular tires in the offroad world, and for good reason. They also wore pretty well, much better than i expected them to. Oddly enough, they were even better for me in the rain than the stock BFG rugged trail tires that came on my truck. They make some noise on the road, but it isn't too bad, and i personally like it. I will probably get another set when i need to. I never heard much about the Firestones, not sure why, but it could be a sign. I think they both look cool, maybe the Firestones a little better looking. But when they're spinning and doing their job, the look doesn't make them work any better.

I checked that earlier today, but didnt have access to 4x4. The Firestones have better ratings, and the 33x12.50s are cheaper than the BFGs.

I ran 35X12.5 BFG M/T on my 2000 ranger and they were great, not to loud and wore like steel. I do however like the Destinations and will be running them on my current explorer but in a A/T. The price of the Firestone is what swayed my decision most.

Back