BFG or GOODYEAR? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BFG or GOODYEAR?

i am about to buysome tires and am torn between BFG M/T and Goodyear Wrangler M/T. They are about the same price but some test results i have found say that goodyear is a better tire but i would think that BFG would be. I am going to be mainly going through mud and wondered which ones had a better self-cleaning system because thats basiscally what it comes down to. Also which would be the overall better off road tire.

I am a new owner of Wrangler M/T's, and so far I love them. I get in some real sloppy conditions through work,(drilling rigs) and they have never been anything but excellent. 4 other guys at work use the same tire, and all love them. Quiet on the highway, chew mud like crazy, and get awesome milage for an MT, (co-worker has 75,000 kms on his with lots of tread left). I stayed away from the Bf's cuz they tend to wear really fast, aren't as aggressive, and everyone has them. My opinion is, go for the MTr's.

I like the MTRs. I have BFG KMs on my X and I am not that impressed with the wear. I had goodyear on my Ranger and I was completely satisfied. I think the BFG ar just a little better in the mud, but I think the MTRs are a better tire.

MT/Rs are a better tire in everyway except for in the mud.

They have thicker sidewalls, they balance better, and do really well in all conditions.

i would get the bfg's... i loved both sets i had and i'm kicking myself for buying xterrains instead or another set of bfg's. absolutely loved them in the mud.

Back