Big Bear area? 12-7-07

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
Big Bear area? Dec. 7-8 '07

I know it's a Friday, but just seeing if anyone wants to join me for a quick day in the Big Bear area...

Nothing to hard core, and since most of the trails on the mtn are still closed due to the fires probably gonna be towards Holcomb Valley.

It's suppose to be snowing! :p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would be out since i am gonna be phoenix. Now if it was a Thursday or Saturday then i might be able to go.

The 7th is the only day I have off this week...

I'd be willing to go out again next week (12th-14th) anywhere local.

....if it snows as predicted, i might be up in my ranger...;)
...this friday i can't though...you might hit up ritsui...:D

I am a bit busy this week and if it snows (which is likely), it is nearly inevitable that a half dozen customers will call with "critical" :rolleyes: on-site service requests.

Next week would probably be better, but I am not yet booked for Friday so I will check this thread again tomorrow.

Well good ol' uncle Sam changed my schedule again so now I'm off Friday and Saturday! :confused:

Point being if any of you want to play in the powder on Sat. post up!:thumbsup: (I'll be up there on both days)

NWS is saying anywhere from 6-24". :D

...i will try as it counts on a couple big things...i forgot i got plans saturday night but let me see...the good snow is when i like to be up there too darnit...

No worries...

...long range forcast is calling for more snow on the weekend of the 15th!

Hopefully this will turn into a weekly thing! (at least for me).:p:

...i like to take my ranger and play in the snow when all the yahoo's are down below waiting for the day after the snow...:D

...i tried calling the girl i'm suppose to be seeing saturday...it's wheeling or the girl and how much trouble i'm going to get into...:dunno: i can't wait to see how this turns out,lol...

I am game for Saturday:D

Just an FYI that HWY 18 may be closed from Snow Valley to Big Bear dam as recent rock/mud slides have made the hillside unstable. Anyone coming from the south should plan to use HWY 38 or go around and up north to the Desert side of the 18.

I'll be meeting up with my pop's @ 8:30 at his house in Fawnskin. So if anyone can make it tomorrow we'll swing by the Big Bear Discovery Center around 9:00. Otherwise you can call me on my cell - (760) 887-4010, or try us on CB ch. 34.

For any others waiting for Sat. or that can't make it at all, I'll post some pictures so you can see what you missed.:p:

..saturday is still a possibility, correct???

...i will be back on tomorrow night...i think i can put the little lady off till sunday so all i got to do is get a job finished tomorrow...;)

I heard on the news that they said people going to BB are advised to take the 38;)

Sorry, but I'm not going to be there. It's a long way around with the highway closed and living right next to a fire area, I am fairly sure some of my neighbors may need help with landslides overnight and tomorrow. Have fun boomer :)

I'll check back in later when I get in to my dad's house.

Ritsui, If things start getting to crazy try giving me a call and I'll boogie on over to lend a hand!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks :), but it doesn't look anywhere near as bad here (yet) as we expected. County crews spent the whole week working on the hillsides and drainage and they had plows and tractors running all night clearing the roads.

Their efforts appear to have paid off :thumbsup:

BTW: I am sure you left already, but if the temperature here is any indication (40F), it looks like it won't start snowing in Big Bear until later today.

[edit]Scratch that... some people in BB are reporting snow already at higher elevations :)[/edit]

Back