Big Bear California Fire Access Road Fun run. Sat June 23, 2012 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Big Bear California Fire Access Road Fun run. Sat June 23, 2012

I've been know to lead some winter time trips in/around the Big Bear area, but it's been a couple years now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been know to lead some winter time trips in/around the Big Bear area, but it's been a couple years now.

HA maybe next winter we will have to get that thread started up so we can go snow wheelin!! Bust out some good chains and go romping in the white stuff. For now we stick to the dirt and hope that more people chime in and go to Big Bear!

One week from today. :D anyone else Interested?

..You might just put me down as a maybe..

..I'm not sure of my schedule yet but if I'm not in the desert or busy at home I will do my best to make it..:shifty_ey ..and knowing the extra benefits of making this particular trip, it's a must do Meet and Greet this summer...;)

Beautiful day

Weather looks like it will be nice next Saturday
Mainly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the mid 40s.

Hopefully we can get more people on the "attending" list besides just me and my father :thumbsup:

Countdown is 6 days away:D

I'd love to go, but it's the day after my wife's birthday and we're probably going into escrow this week.

Gotta say no this time :(.

..Oh boy..:bounce:

..Another place I can stop by and do my driveway chalk art..:p:

I'd love to go, but it's the day after my wife's birthday and we're probably going into escrow this week.

Gotta say no this time :(.

Ok. Goodluck with the house :salute:

..It's looking like I may be able to make this one..:D

..I forgot but is there going to be a barbeque or do I need to bring anything up with me?

..I'll probably take the X up ..:biggthump

..I forgot but is there going to be a barbeque or do I need to bring anything up with me?

I believe that a BBQ after the run would be in order.:popcorn: At this point it looks like it is only going to be a small group.:scratch:

Sadly, I'm out. Just too much catch up with work stuffs to take a day off right now...

Have fun guys, and take plenty of pics.

Sadly, I'm out. Just too much catch up with work stuffs to take a day off right now...

Bummer

Will do:salute:

..Can I swing by and get in on some volleyball?..:p:

As much as it sucks and kills me to change plans but I won't be going. My most favorite thing in life ie life itself has priorities and vacation right now just isn't one of them. I would however like to go snow bashing this winter. Do enjoy the trip for those who are going!!

Well at this point is looks to be Ted, my father and I. Everyone else has been unable to come due to other commitments and priorities. Anyone else interested??:D. Should be fun!!:thumbsup:

Next Time.

One week from today. :D anyone else Interested?

I live in Banning, and would love to take the wife and kids on a trip like this. I have a stock 92 XLT, and I prefer fire roads. Water crossing are OK, Body damage is a strick no no.

I have to work this weekend but and interested in future runs.

Bruce

I live in Banning, and would love to take the wife and kids on a trip like this. I have a stock 92 XLT, and I prefer fire roads. Water crossing are OK, Body damage is a strick no no.

I have to work this weekend but and interested in future runs.

Bruce

Yes a stock 92 would do fine on the trails we are taking this time.
They are mainly fire access roads and you could probably get a regular 2wd car down most of them.
The wife and kids would also love the trip.
Hope to see you next time:salute:

Yes a stock 92 would do fine on the trails we are taking this time.
They are mainly fire access roads and you could probably get a regular 2wd car down most of them.
The wife and kids would also love the trip.
Hope to see you next time:salute:

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. For a future trip, may I suggest Bee Canyon Truck Trail - San Jacinto Ridge Truck Trail. It's just up Highway 74 from Hemet and unless it's dried up there should be a stream crossing at "33.775637,-116.776514." The fire road ends in Idyllwild. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Isn't there a fire burning out your way?..:scratch:

Back