Big Bear in May...

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
Big Bear 5/3/08

I would like to make at least one more run in the mountains before I go on lock down with work, and with gas prices as they are wanted to give everyone plenty of heads up. Tentatively thinking the 3rd so it doesn't crowd the Moab run.

Meet place
Big Bear Discovery Center (North Shore Dr. approx. 1 mile west of Stanfield cutoff) in the top parking lot
Meet time
9:30, rolling by 10:00
Communications
CB channel 12
What to bring
Looks like a good group so I won't list all the basics, but it will be a full day
so bring a lunch/snacks and your camera (everyone loves pictures)
Trails to run?
Gold mtn, White mtn, E John Bull, Cyber's hwy :p:...

Who's going
Boomer
Tbars
Ritsui
Cybergasm
Mounty71
RJ
PCola
Fakrwee
MicroMachine (ride'n along)
CJExplorer (ride'n along)

Who's interested
RockRanger

Who can't go
Stic-o (saving for a house)
Carlover

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...it looks like i may be able to do this and then pismo in june...;)

...west john bull this time...:scratch:

/subscribed :thumbsup:

I think I can afford the gas to get to Big Bear :cool:

Date: 3rd preferred, but can do either.
Trails: John Bull, Gold Mtn, part of Holcomb Creek?

If there's enough big dawgs then sure. I can always just take the smaller trucks and meet you on the other side.;)

Edit-I'm really hoping (although not holding my breath) that they open the trails from the fire closure by then.

:wavey: Hi there :D It be nice to go back to big bear without so much snow and have the chance to get rid of the paper weight I have in the back of the truck.

I might be able to make it. It will give me a good reason to also see by brother and his new kid in Arrowhead.

Subscribing.

Probally not going to make this:( I think after the next t-haven run, I'm done till Oct. or so. Got to spend some time with my new kid, and get on track for getting a house in the next 6 months.;)

Probally not going to make this:( I think after the next t-haven run, I'm done till Oct. or so. Got to spend some time with my new kid, and get on track for getting a house in the next 6 months.;)

Get that house. I made 20% more money in 2007 then I did in 2006. I am paying less in taxes in 2007 then I did in 2006. Should be an even bigger savings in 2008 now that I will have the house the whole year.

Get that house. I made 20% more money in 2007 then I did in 2006. I am paying less in taxes in 2007 then I did in 2006. Should be an even bigger savings in 2008 now that I will have the house the whole year.

Yeah lets not talk about that:rolleyes: We made 60-65% more the '06 and I have to pay 3k in taxs this year:mad: First time ever paying. But still not as bad as my boss, he owes 17k! :eek:

are we gonna include a burrito run after wheeling? :D

Yeah lets not talk about that:rolleyes: We made 60-65% more the '06 and I have to pay 3k in taxs this year:mad: First time ever paying. But still not as bad as my boss, he owes 17k! :eek:

In 06 I had to pay over 4k even after with holdings. In 07 I get to pay about $1k. Not bad considering I didn't send in any taxes for the last 6 months of the year :D

I am down for what ever since i am still not too familiar with the area.:D

subscribing, but do you think my rig would be able to handle it...?

It really depends on trail conditions. We did a run in '06 that had a couple of 2wd's that tagged along and one of them definitely had a tough time.

If you have your locker in, and don't mind being strapped a few times, then it should do just fine...:dunno:

...do you have the link to your east john bull run??? ...gold mine would be cool too...:dunno:

Tbars, I'm not exactly sure which time you're referring to since I seem to run that section just about every time I'm up there...:scratch:

...and I would definitely be down to do Gold mtn. again. Plus I still need to reconquer White mtn. and redeem myself.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...i was thinking of the trip you made a couple years ago with a bunch of trucks from here...;)

Back