Big Bear July 18,19,20 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Big Bear July 18,19,20

...I have heard that there is a bad 2 day flue that hits in July...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might be able to make it on sunday, but we'll see.
I look at the calander closer to the dates.;)

I found something id love to get if i had money, so i could take my own out on the trail.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/car/670822412.html

Take a look. Maybe someone on here will buy it

Holy crap, that's Jay's old explorer!

This is a pic of it from the 2000 (first annual) Truck Haven Trip

thaven_jayedgesml.jpg

...The listing say's it's been in storage since 2001..:scratch:...I knew it had to be a member from here's vehicle...

I thought it looked like an Explorerforum decal on the side.
Sweet looking rig....I knew it had to be someone who prob knew about this site.

Just thought id share that with you guys

..You should post it here in the classifieds...;)

Well this went from difficult to near impossible. It's looking like I'm going to have Tues-Wed as my days off this summer...:(

...I'm going to try to go with the folks at Inland Empire 4x4 club on their pre-run for their event in June...
I was looking in on their BBFF forum and it looks pretty cool (a few too many trucks for my taste). I don't necessarily agree with some of their trail ratings, but wish them the best for that event.

...Could you post a link??? I would like to see their ratings...;)

...Thanks for the link...I tried it and got a windows security alert...:dunno:

...Thanks, that is what i did...I was looking at their "Pilot Rock" review...I believe that is the same trail as 2n17x..:scratch:

Pilot Rock trail is the road you hit at the top of 2N17x. It runs the whole ridge and then curls back down to the lake. It's mostly gentle forest service road, but also has a couple fairly difficult bypass areas.

...Thanks for the info...I remember we went to pilot rock and then there was that steep narrow road we took straight down from the rock...:dunno:

...I was reading their ratings and it is not clear as they rate "John Bull" the same as the "Pilot Rock" trail, and then the rate "Gold Mountain" as easy..I like our rating system better..."yeaaaa, I think you could make that"...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...If I could, I would like to head back up to Big Bear sooner but I need to start saving up for Pismo Beach...But I think Big Bear in July will be perfect...:D

Back